View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:38 PM

Yet another Ba----d (another dog killed)

This was on the BBC news on the internet :

Man killed dog with Samurai sword
A man who attacked his pet dog with a Samurai-type sword and left it to bleed to death has been found guilty of causing it unnecessary suffering.
Peter Dibden, 39, of Braid Crescent, Billingham, Teesside, denied attacking the four-year-old bull mastiff, Max.

He claimed the dog had run on to the 18-inch blade.

Teesside magistrates on Tuesday fined Dibden £900, ordered him to pay £600 costs and banned him from keeping dogs for life.

The court heard how police were called to Dibden's house in May 2005 after his girlfriend feared he would harm the dog.

'Tragic case'

They found pools of blood across the kitchen, living room and utility room floors before finding the body of the dog with blood oozing from its mouth.

It had suffered a six-inch (15cm) stab wound to its neck.

Sgt Neil Taylor said in evidence that Dibden had been very agitated and his eyes were glazed over.

He said: "He appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. He didn't speak. Kept pacing up and down. Eventually he did speak. Just said he was messing about and he walked onto this."

A quantity of Class A amphetamine was recovered from Dibden's clothes.

After the hearing, RSPCA Insp Mark Gent said: "This was a shocking case to investigate.

"I know the magistrates must weigh up the mitigation put before them, but I can't help thinking of the agony that dog suffered - and the fact the Dibden just stood there and allowed him to die. This was a tragic case."
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Omg that is absolutely horrible. Why the hell did the girl leave the dog with him if she feared he would harm it God I hate people like that I hope he dies a horrible painful lingering death and goes straight to hell for all eternity
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2006, 10:46 PM
same here why would she leave the dog with him and why was he not locked up for it
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:46 PM
That's right near where I live
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Words fail me,evil b*******
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 11:35 PM
What did she do, just stand and watch. Lock them both up and throw away the keys.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by shady73
same here why would she leave the dog with him and why was he not locked up for it
Fear probably Shady - he doesn't sound like the kind of bloke I'd want to be in the same room with. Personally, I think it's a good thing the dog's now dead. God knows what other tortures the poor creature would have been put through at the hands of this drugged up lunatic.
Rest in peace bully boy - run free xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Well said Vicky.

Is it that our world is getting more violent or do we just hear about these things more freqently because of better media? There doesn't seem a day goes by but we hear of violence, cruelty against animals and people behaving in barbaric ways.

It truly sickens me to my heart, I am just glad the dog is in a better place now. Why do people get like this?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 10:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing after hearing about that cat being hung. Did this always happen and just covered up or is the 'youth' of today growing up to be crazy?!?

Sometimes i wish papers wouldn't publish the images, i get into floods of tears...

Makes me want to keep all my pets inside and never let them out!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Its disgusting £1500 to pay out and banned from keeping animals a ban that is not properly inforced, what kind of punishment is that!!!! These people are not detered from commiting these dreadfull crimes on animals by the pitiful punishment if they get caught, if the suffering of these poor animals is not excuse enough to give harsher punishment surely the fact that people who are sick enough to do these disgusting things on animals often go on to comit (sp sorry can spell when wound up!) similar crimes on humans, if they were punished properly for the crimes on animals they might be detered from comitting crimes against humans! Makes me so mad, you'd get alot worse for tax evasion or other such crimes that are far less dangerous but involve the government losing money!
The state of this country is so infuriating they have it all back to front! (God I sound like my grandad! )
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >