View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2006, 12:19 PM
hi mick i think its great that your on here so that u can get your point accross. i wouldnt bother with the other websites they r horrid, the people on here are lovely.
Mic Martin
New Member!
Male 

10-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Reference the lost Brothers Video, Very good Yes I did the video and also the only person to buy the cd I think, my real job is the otherside of the camera

Mic
Mic Martin
New Member!
Male 

10-03-2006, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=buster]hi mick i think its great that your on here so that u can get your point accross. i wouldnt bother with the other websites they r horrid, the people on here are lovely.

[/QUOTE=buster]i didnt think it was as good as its me or thdog to be honest and that army bloke what a joke! honestly i wasnt that impressed.

I don't mind being called a joke but please its Police Bloke, I only work for the army of foreign countries. And even then its training their Police Foces and Military Police.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2006, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Mic Martin]
Originally Posted by buster
hi mick i think its great that your on here so that u can get your point accross. i wouldnt bother with the other websites they r horrid, the people on here are lovely.

[/QUOTE=buster]i didnt think it was as good as its me or thdog to be honest and that army bloke what a joke! honestly i wasnt that impressed.

I don't mind being called a joke but please its Police Bloke, I only work for the army of foreign countries. And even then its training their Police Foces and Military Police.
Hi mic

I loved the programme. I wish more people would train their dogs your way, me included, respect for what you do.

julie
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2006, 08:56 AM
i'm sorry mic i shouldnt have called u a joke but 2 b honest i didnt think u would be on here! i am very sorry.

the reason i said that is because on the programme last week all i seemed to hear was you refering to the man as 'gay' etc but like you said they only showed a few minutes of filing when u actually filmed for hours.

anyway i am sorry mic i didnt mean 2 offend you and i will be watching 2night and i am sure my opinion will change.

but as i said the people on here are lovely, just not me for saying silly things!
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2006, 09:15 PM
not impressed.wouldnt wanna be in the company of the woman trainer and mic.
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2006, 07:07 AM
If you watched it what did u think?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 08:40 AM
I thought it was good .. ..that Mick makes me laugh ( maybe not intentionally ) and the boxer was such a lovely dog
maybe I should send my norty dogs
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 08:58 AM
i thought the 2 girls who drove off at the end before completing their test were very silly, were they scared their boxer would fail, why take part if your not gonna see it through to the end, i enjoyed it thoroughly, mic,get your self round to my house and sort my lot out lol.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 09:21 AM
I definitely don't believe Mic has any problem with gay people, that was almost certainly the editing

I like the way the dogs Mic trains are involved a little in learning to use their natural abilities, so many dogs out there are so bored and need something to "do".

I like the fact generally, that owners can see their dogs can be trained and all it takes is a little dedication; to me, a dog that is "spoilt, lazy, stubborn" etc is just being a dog - it simply is an alien in our world and , it needs training to learn how to live with us harmoniously

That's the pluses for me personally

OK now we'll do the negatives

Why put the owners in a cold tent, I am sure they are less ready to train their dogs and to listen when they are uncomfortable and chilled? I know I would be

My biggest gripe with the programme is that people are going to think that a bottle full of stones is the cure all now for all kinds of problems.

I had a big problem last week with the staffie owner who, although nice enough, timed the punishment very badly so that the dog was punished when it was looking at her. The owner should have been set up for more success really, she seemed flustered and that made it difficult for her to teach her dog.

If punishment is to be used, it should not be something confusing to the dog.

Also aversives should in my book be a last resort and i don't feel this was always the case.
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »