Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Poor little dog, he didn't stand a chance
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:56 PM
poor little love , sadly these days situations like this are getting more and more common!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2011, 08:02 PM
I could see this black dog, that looked like a Staffie or a pitbul"
"Dogs should be on a lead and under control"
t could have had someone's arm off or seriously injured a child."

Obviously a very awful incident, but I find the tabloid reporting a bit OTT
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Awful - for all concerned. I think more should be done to penalise people with off-leasd dogs in public areas (where they aren't supposed to be off-lead). When I was living in an urban environment it was always Bull terriers and their variations that were off-lead most of all (apart from one idiot and his dog-aggressive JRT, both of them should have been on leads!!).
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 09:16 PM
My friend was involved last w/e with a dog killing another dog. A Husky and a daxie. The daxie's owner was on holiday from Glasgow. She took her and the body of her little dog back to the holiday home. The woman then collapsed and they had to get an ambulance. The husky owner was distraught and he has apparently had his dog pts.

I don't know but I think both dogs were off lead. the daxie was picked up and shaken.

My friend has been concerned by the husky for a while---I thought nmaybe she was worrying for no reason as it played with her big dogs a lot. Her small dog (lhasa)was very wary of it though. Her and she were both right.

So very sad.

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Predatory drift...........
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Poor little dog run free Nikki...

I do hate though how the second line reports it as a 'black pitbull' but then further down quotes the owner as saying a dog 'that looked like a Staffie or a pitbull'... of course it has to be reported as being a pitbull
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2011, 10:21 PM
This is awful but surely the time has come to keep all dogs on a lead whilst walking them. I had to beat off a large pitbull a few years ago which was attacking one of my dogs and going for my pup also.Luckily the fully grown dog defended himself as best he could and as a last resort i had to beat the out of control pit bull with a large stick and it was only then that the chav owners intervened, i was shaken up pretty badly and i called the police because these idiots thought it was funny and my thoughts were for some poor old lady walking her little dog and bumping into them as i know they would have thought it amusing to see their dog attack another smaller dog.Most bull terrier owners and staffs too love their dogs and respect other dog owners but you will always get the idiots.Also before the government banned pit bulls i knew 3 owners who kept lovely pit bulls with never a problem with out of controlled aggresive dogs, so its definately down to the rogues who get them for the macho image.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 10:54 PM
How many times have i heard it now...Dog on dog aggression does not = child/human aggression!!

Sad incident that im sure could have been avoided.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >