Female 

23-03-2011, 05:14 PM
ive not left
btw u dont need permission for a blog
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:15 PM
No Moonstone, not encouraged, just recommended. This is a DEMOCRATIC website, not Albania! There are no rights and wrongs in dog training, one size does not fit all.

For goodness sake - enough people criticise Cesar Millan for treating all dogs the same, and yet here you guys are telling me that this, that and the other works for their dogs, or in their experience, and therefore it must work for Ben.

PLEASE allow me to know my dog! I have a lot of experience with wolfdogs (or not, whichever, but humour me and accept wolfdog for the sake of the argument!). Probably more than most on this forum, and I know the 8 months or so that we have had Ben is not long, but bearing in mind his ancestry, I KNOW we have made the right decision.

I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE that if this does not work out, and we are wrong, I will throw myself on all your mercy and beg forgiveness. I hope to God it doesn't go wrong for Ben's sake.

We don't have a video camera, but OH is into photography and he has a super duper digital camera that enables him to take action photographs without them blurring, how's about when we have time and the weather is right we take loads of photos and post them up on here so that you can at least get some idea of how joyful Ben is.

He is such a sweetie pie, I would not have him hurt for the world, I wish I could make you all understand that.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:16 PM
...oh and most sibes love their nosh.. but wont be trained with food out and about...its not a Ben thing its a sibey thing.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:18 PM
O Ben, thank you, that is really sweet of you and very magnanimous if I may say so. I really really hope too that it doesn't all go belly up. I adore my Ben, and I would be totally devastated if I thought I had caused him permanent harm or trauma in any way. I truly hope we never have to zap him again either - but you will be the first to know if we do.

Tupacs: I know I don't need permission to start a blog. What happened was this. I PMd Azz and asked him if I was allowed to start a new thread about e collars, I wasn't sure what the status quo on doing such a thing was. He replied and suggested that I might like to start a blog, rather than an actual new thread and the rest, as they say, is history.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:19 PM
My dog isn't foodie when out either, dog from Sulin lines one side, and older ute/ N.I lines the other Gnasher. I take it as a sibe thing too, not a wolf ancestry
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Just read your note about Sibes - yup, I absolutely agree, I never said or suggested that it was a ben thing, or a wolf thing. Sibes and mals have very high prey drives and would MUCH rather catch their own food than have it handed to them!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Ooo Moonstone, I had no idea you have a wolfy boy! What's he/she called?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:21 PM
btw - 2nd update of the day from hubs is that Ben has had yet another day of immaculate behaviour!! No zaps, no vibrates even.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Going home shortly so it may go quiet.

Isn't this nice btw - now a certain element has departed, there is no more fishwivery and bitching!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi Guys - as we've had a number of complaints about this blog (some of the comments reported as libel), it is going to be removed, rather than 'moderated' (blogs are usually self-moderated ie. by the blog owner - however that poses a problem if what _they_ say is against our rules).

We are also rethinking our blogs as traditionally, they were the place to post things that weren't allowed on the forums (such as litter mentions, light self-promotion, charity donation/sponsorship requests etc). A goodwill gesture on our part. However it seems that may no longer be possible.

I will start a thread getting feedback about our blogs later.
Closed Thread
Page 47 of 47 « First < 37 44 45 46 47