View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I know Tassle, I was winding you up, sorry!!

Nothing unknown now about his make-up, except for his mother - she was either Sasha or Saska, can't read my writing and there were 2 wolf cross bitches of that name whom Eddy could have put to Natuk. We know the names of Natuk's Sire and Dam, we don't know their parents, but we do know their parents, who were the 2 original wolves, so we are only missing 1 generation now. Even if they were chihuahuas or poodles, Hal and Ben are still wolf crosses, not that I care a fig, whatever they were and are I love them to pieces, as I do Tai!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Minihaha:

I could of course delete your comment, but that would be petty in the extreme. I am not a coward, and I have nothing to hide, I just raise an eyebrow at the appropriateness of a Site Moderator doing such a thing.

If you have a problem, please raise it with Azz, it was he who kindly suggested I started my own Blog.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:56 PM
your dogs do not look wolfy at all.. doesnt mean they arnt handsome and arnt gits

oh really? the wolf trust themselves say that 99% of the dogs that claim to have wolf in them do not.

nothing wrong with u believing what you want to believe....just i think it is very dangerous and letting down the very dogs you claim to love by 'misrepresenting' them ... as well as using an e collar on them
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Wether Eddie is dead or not doesn't come into it. She told you Hal was 75% when in fact you are now saying that is not true. So she DID lie to you again. What makes you think his pedigree is true?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:59 PM
In a way I wish I hadn't seem him. Makes it even more upsetting to think what this poor boy is going through.

I TOTALLY disagree with your decision to let this be a blog AND be in the training section Azz, but I think it's very gracious of you to do it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:01 PM
It was Azz himself who suggested I start my own blog.

So there !!

Then you deserve all you get!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Tupacs, please take this up with the Wolf Trust at Reading then. I have forgotten the name of the gentleman there, but he is a lovely chap, very tall and muscly with grey hair! We stayed back chatting to him when we visited about 10 years ago, maybe less. We met a lovely bitch wolf called Dakota, I remember. We stayed a good hour after the place had closed, and he met Hal - we did not disclose Hal's make up, not a good idea back then, and certainly not to the Wolf Trust who highly disapprove of wc's. But it was quite apparent that he knew what Hal was, and questioned us closely about his background (Eddy was still alive then, so we gave some vague answer), whether we let him off the lead, what his behaviour in general was like, what we fed him on. Nothing was said, but he knew, he made a few very telling remarks about livestock and keeping him on the lead, and that was that.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I know his pedigree is true from meeting this person who used to work for Eddy. It ties up with what Eddy and others have told us, except the 75% was an exaggeration - Eddy wearing her business hat. A flagrant lie would have been to deny his wolf content at all, that would be unforgiveable, but to exaggerate his wolf content is not so serious. She had known us over a period of about 4 years before she trusted us enough to sell us a puppy, and put us through the mill, and knew we would be able to cope ... and we did!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Pidge: thank you. He is even better in the flesh, or should I say the fur!! He has the most glorious coat. It is not harsh at all, it is as soft as swansdown and THICK. Talk about double-coated!! He was one solid matt when we first got him, because he hated to be brushed so much, but gradually by brushing him every day and ignoring his snapping jaws - air snaps, not actual bites - and ferocious threats - I managed to tease out what wasn't matted beyond saving. He then spent almost a whole day at our local dog groomers who got all the matts cut out without spoiling his dignity, as they beautifully described it, and now we keep him well groomed and matt free and he is STUNNING. Girls pay a fortune to have their hair streaked and highlighted to look like Ben. His base coat is wolf grey, but heavily overlaid with tawney and black highlights, I will try and put up a picture of his back, he really has the most unusual markings, he is a lovely boy.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:18 PM
- Oh dear...you have just said it all!!!

The guy at the Wolf trust was probably looking at the Northern side of his heritage (the sibe/mal side of things).
and Nothing was said...so you do not know what he thought at all!! You took him to mean what you wanted to see.

And really.... Exaggerating was not a lie, but underestimating would have been a cardinal sin.....just says it all. I cannot believe you, I really can't.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »