View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:37 PM
how about this one? had had her only one week and if i remember correctly, had only taught her the "leave" the previous day
excuse poor camera angle and wobbliness, quite hard to train and film at same time lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ica_My9WBAA

of course, Adam would now need to find a 9 wk old kelpie cross collie, bitch for comparison, not many of those about!! oh what a shame, one less dog for him to zap lol
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I cannot believe that you (Adam Palmer) have written out in black and white that you actively give dogs sustained electric shocks until they are physically manipulated into place and only then will the electric shock be stopped. That is SICK. Only a bully with absolutley no empathy could 1, do that in the first place. 2, try to make money from it. Adam, I honestly cannot understand how you cannot 'feel' for these beings as you do this? There is a word for people who lack empathy for other empathic beings, a medical label and for the rest of us its probably 'dangerous'

Adam, can you even see where I'm coming from here?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dawes Paws View Post
how about this one? had had her only one week and if i remember correctly, had only taught her the "leave" the previous day
excuse poor camera angle and wobbliness, quite hard to train and film at same time lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ica_My9WBAA

of course, Adam would now need to find a 9 wk old kelpie cross collie, bitch for comparison, not many of those about!! oh what a shame, one less dog for him to zap lol
awe what a wee cutie, my sound is not wired up just now so I get back to that vid,
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe what a wee cutie, my sound is not wired up just now so I get back to that vid,
wasnt much to hear lol, just my dulcet tones!
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I cannot believe that you (Adam Palmer) have written out in black and white that you actively give dogs sustained electric shocks until they are physically manipulated into place and only then will the electric shock be stopped. That is SICK. Only a bully with absolutley no empathy could 1, do that in the first place. 2, try to make money from it. Adam, I honestly cannot understand how you cannot 'feel' for these beings as you do this? There is a word for people who lack empathy for other empathic beings, a medical label and for the rest of us its probably 'dangerous'

Adam, can you even see where I'm coming from here?
i believe the term is sociopath?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Adam - regarding the challenge others have mentioned; if its possible for me to upload videos from my phone to youtube (I'm not sure if it is) then I have a dobermann who I could teach a new behaviour to using positive methods and do the challenge - just dont have a clue about uploading vids!!

If I can figure that out then I can firstly put up a video of the dog before being taught, so you know he cant do it already, then as he is learning and as he has learnt it....I will be using positive methods of course.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dawes Paws View Post
i believe the term is sociopath?
youre bang on
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:56 PM
ahahaha!!! Adam, you be busted!! wander where he learnt it all, esp this bit:

quoting from Adams first thread in this topic:
Sep anxiety

Basically we use incompatible behaviours again to reprogram the dog! In this case an ''place'' and down stay command are essential, you use these to make the dog go to and stay in a specific spot while you leave it (short periods at first) this reconditions the dog to be calm about being left.
A bark collar is also useful to stop the noisier dogs!
Obviously the dog will not remain in a down stay on its bed for the whole day your at work but by the process of classical conditioning it will come to associate being left with feeling calm (in its place) and will transfer that to when its loose in the crate or house.

look no further, he has INDEED leant all his tripe from youtube!!
Adam you are a FRAUD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNPkEk0f5lQ
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:59 PM
didnt have time to watch the whole video but if this is true then it says in the rules he is not allowed to quote stuff from elsewhere

edit - or is that just his first post in the thread?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

Sadly the other issue we have had is that she had an eye problem (entropion) for many years and not once did any of the trainers or behaviourists I went to advise to get her vet checked and the vet missed the condition when we went every year for her health check. I too never thought of this but my friends who are trainers said this would have probably had a bearing on her behaviour as she was in discomfort all the time.
One of the main problems I have with shock collar trainers is that they do not usually suggest vet checks.

I find this abhorrent, because behaviour problems for example are sometimes due to a medical problem.

Shock collar training is bad training.

Wys
x
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »