View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey guys - I've listed a load of things Louie has learnt and mostly mastered at 6 months
- Sit
- Down
- Paw
- Other paw
- Touch
- Look
- Heel/Walk (inside/drive)
- Kisses
- Cuddles
- Who’s that
- This way
- Leave it (with toys and treats)
- Birdies
- Cats
- Take it
- Put that down
- Stay (for short distance)
- Come (whistle)
- Car
- Off
- Up
- Roll over (a little)
- Come (I stay him walk away throw a toy to the side and walk a few more paces and he leaves the toy and comes straight to me)
- Ok (release word – it was wiggle but the OH thought that was stupid )
- Duck
- Pig
- Get Sadie
- In
- Out
- Back

Thought I'd brag about it My first puppy and I think he's doing great - ran out of things to teach him though Heel/walk is still iffy out in the big wide world but we're getting there
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Our most recent big/little achievement with Ludo is he is very nervous of children. He will bark at them/avoid them and gets very stressy. I don't normally have children in my life but I recently looked after my 2 year old nephew over night. Ludo was very good and after some initial unsettledness he calmed down and even say with him on the armchair.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Thought I'd brag about it My first puppy and I think he's doing great - ran out of things to teach him though Heel/walk is still iffy out in the big wide world but we're getting there
SLB thats great, have you thought about sequencing? (adding behaviours together in an order to perform a bigger action) That way you can use what hes learn and eventually it be one big behaviour.....such as put toys away, get a drink from fridge...(I'm not teaching the fridge one as he has bones in there - might be too handy for him lol cos I dont have a seperate drinks fridge)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
SLB thats great, have you thought about sequencing? (adding behaviours together in an order to perform a bigger action) That way you can use what hes learn and eventually it be one big behaviour.....such as put toys away, get a drink from fridge...(I'm not teaching the fridge one as he has bones in there - might be too handy for him lol cos I dont have a seperate drinks fridge)
He does Sit, Down and sit up - in one go and I'm teaching him these from a distance now.

He had a phase of taking things to people - like he took a dinner knife to my OH's Dad - so we decided not to do the whole "Take it to...." thing anymore I think I'll just perfect what he knows now before teaching him new things again lol and thanks. I've never trained from a pup before so it's fun. I could try him to open fridges but we often have fresh chicken in there so it could be disasterous!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dilkara View Post
Our most recent big/little achievement with Ludo is he is very nervous of children. He will bark at them/avoid them and gets very stressy. I don't normally have children in my life but I recently looked after my 2 year old nephew over night. Ludo was very good and after some initial unsettledness he calmed down and even say with him on the armchair.
Yay Ludo!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Razzle came and sat beside me last night and let me lean over and ruffle his ears without ducking. (Just the once mind).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Awwwwwww, that's a huuuuuuuuge achievement even if it was just the once, I'm sure he'll let you do it again sometime, maybe even tonight!

I don't have anything today, life is too normal around here, no special achievements, but the good news is, no bad ones either
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Well, I'm going to have a big bragg in here today

I can't rememer the last time Zena got in a punch up, but for the past week, we have walked with friends in the mornings, sometimes as many as 5 dogs, also meeting other dogs en-route, and nothing, all friends, all tails wagging, perfick! Then today, I did our lunchtime walk up at that awful place where we have had all our scuffles, and we met 4 labradors altogether, all was fine, tails were wagging, one of them even came and played with us for half our walk. Then we met 3 goldies, who came over to us on our way back, all was fine, the labs joined in to greet them, so all in all, 9 dogs in total, not one bad word between them, then we met another lab and although Zena went to go over to it coz they had one of those bladdy chuckits I just said "leave it" she did, and stayed with me and Georgie even though they "chucked it" right next to us for their dog to retrieve!

Now maybe it's the cold weather I don't know, but this past week for me has been something else, so many dogs, and all so friendly!! Hmmmm, maybe the bad owners are staying under the duvet perhaps during this cold spell and that's the reason WHY!!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Aw, well done Zena!!! Thats great and I bet she had a great time too!

Dont think we have any major achievements as such other than for a few months now we have been able to go to a park and have him off lead and be fine AND we dont even need the toy!.....previously that park was either on lead or off limits and its right over the road so great that he can go there now Didnt want to jinx it before!! He has also learned three more things too. 'up the mountain' (will go up a hill and stand looking out - how I got avatar photo) 'up the tree' (will jump right up off the tree to get a toy out) 'say bye to gran' (definatley knows this is before he leaves to go out - runs up, gives a smile and turns to leave again in about 3 secs flat! ) 'go to grannies' (ok someone will have a problem with this but I can let him off at the top of the street and tell him to go to grans and he will - although he turns round to check Im there a few times on the way)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Well done to Louis too! He's learning lots of phrases isn't he, and I love the going to grannies! My other shepherd was also very smart like Louis, coz when I used to go up to the horse at 5 am. in the morning, pitch black, right out in the sticks, I'd park the car at the top of the road, send her off "to the horse" down a narrow country lane, and by the time I'd get to the gate, there she'd be sitting and waiting for me In hindsight I should have kept her with me though, coz it was very spooky walking down there at that time in the morning in the pitch black with just a torch I wouldn't do that now!

Maybe it's a good thing that I'm actually walking with other people with their dogs on my first walk of the day, one is only a puppy, they all pinch Zena's ball and run off with it, but she's quite happy to let them, and although she no longer plays with them (she's only interested in me ) at least she's WITH dogs most of the time (3, 4 or sometimes 5), so maybe it's that, that's teaching her dogs are ok - sometimes! We also met two little beagles, and although I initially put her onlead I didn't need too coz as they came over, Zena's tail was wagging like mad as she bent down to greet them, so I then let her off and we've bumped into them lots of times and she's always ok with them, but then again, these are youngsters, owned from pups!

No, I think my theory is correct, all those numpty owners don't like walking out in this cold weather, whereas us proper dog lovers know we have to go no matter what! Long may this cold weather continue then!!! There might be a few more of us in this thread hey?!

Keep up the good work with Louis and I shall be doing the same (this can't last though can it???!!!! )
Page 6 of 101 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 > Last »