View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I was really pleased with Cherry yesterday when we were out on the woods. We met an elderly Rough Collie with her owner and Cherry is frightened of big dogs and goes into headbutt mode. Because she has seen this dog before and I am aware of her body language I let her walk up to it (on her flexi-lead) wagging her tail and looking very pleased to see it and they sniffed noses! She looked so happy and I could click and treat her. Way to go Cherry!
MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Firstly, congrats to all on achievement's, big and small!

I really want a wee brag about my boy Oscar!

I started Whistle Training on Monday - No on wednesday he knows come, sit and lie down on the whistle!

And he can do it all while distracted! Things like other dog's, toy's etc all come second to a whistle now!

Im so pleased!

Mark
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Well done with all teh acheivments guys.

I have a few of my own.

Louie has learnt to sit as soon as he feels them knobbly bits they put at the curb drop downs. No comand or anything.

He has also finally learnt down...although there has to be a treat or a toy.

And has managaed to walk past a bunch of noisy springers, who he joins in with all the time, perfectly quiet.

Benjie walked (on the opposite side of the road) parallel to us with 2 irish wolfhounds with no noise or lunging. Still not perfect but getting there.

SO proud of my boys
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 05:02 PM
After so many terrible reports and stories in the news etc. it's great to read of all the good things here. It's taken three years to improve on a lot of issues with my little rescue terrier, have laughed and at times cried, thinking of what she'd been through. She was very hand shy, cowered and shook if had an accident(messed up around back end or sick), terrified of bags rustling, was very nervous and fearful of other dogs, not very good with men especially. There are still issues, postman, cats, barking at first when folk come to house, bit of scavanging but she has really been and is still the most beautiful little dog and don't know how I would be getting through things without her. Her improvement and the bond, love we have far outweighs anything, am really proud of her too
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
After so many terrible reports and stories in the news etc. it's great to read of all the good things here. It's taken three years to improve on a lot of issues with my little rescue terrier, have laughed and at times cried, thinking of what she'd been through. She was very hand shy, cowered and shook if had an accident(messed up around back end or sick), terrified of bags rustling, was very nervous and fearful of other dogs, not very good with men especially. There are still issues, postman, cats, barking at first when folk come to house, bit of scavanging but she has really been and is still the most beautiful little dog and don't know how I would be getting through things without her. Her improvement and the bond, love we have far outweighs anything, am really proud of her too
That's lovely-well done for being so patient with her.
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2010, 01:26 PM
WOW what a lot of successes you have all had!
Jolly well done.

Well a few weeks ago my boy Connor competed in his first sheep dog trial, for new handlers and came 3rd out of 8. I was really chuffed.

Then a week later he did his second trial. I knos it is is the oldest excuse in the book but we didn't do so well because we had "bad sheep". . Yeo that is a genuine sheep dog trialists excuse. But for us it was real. Our sheep where SOOOOO bad that we wond a rosette for the "unluckiest dog" on the day.

Despite having sheep that where so tough it took 3 dogs and two people to move them at all, he stayed mostly calm and we loved it and I fullfilled my life long ambition to train and trial my own sheep dog.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Well done everyone, I love reading about how well everyone is doing

We had a BIG break through in Cain's heelwork over the last few days. After point blank refusing all treats over the last month, yesterday he suddenly changed his mind. Using the TTouch lead method he did some fairly good heelwork on his way to the field, did sone brilliant heelwork at the field including walking in perfect squares next to me and walked home really well (probably because he was tired!)

He did the same today, was surprisingly good on the lead and actively cooperating for treats. I even managed to transfer him onto his regular collar (double ended lead attached to the Halti just in case, but no pressure on it) and walked him like a NORMAL dog on just a flat collar for the last ten mins of his walk. Amazing as I've taken him on four hour long walks before and he'll still chug home like a train no matter how tired he is.

I feel like we've finally made a bit of head way and hopefully I can get him walking properly at sone point, I expect it will still take a few more months, but persistence seems to finally ge paying off!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Had a BRILLIANT walk with Cain today,I'm so proud of him that I may just burst

Walked up to Richmond Park with Sarah (Sarah & Mike) and her gorgeous ickle collie Kia. Cain and Kia have met once before and got on ok then but that was a few months ago. Cain was very well behaved with Kia, lots of play bowing and friendly behaviour, and didn't try to splat her too much The he calmed down and walked along with her very nicely with his best manners that I could unlock his extending lead and give him full freedom to explore. It was great that he could walk along calmly with another dog without getting totally over excited.

We bumped into a group of dog walkers with about 8 dogs. Initially I skirted them but when I saw them all being friendly with Kia, I braved it and crept towards them. He was totally over excited and and bit pouncy so none of them came too close to him, but all of his body language was friendly and considering he was surround by 9 other dogs and all their owners, I think he did really well He even took some sausage treats off of one of the dog owners. They all seemed to think his was ok and was urging me to let him off his lead (didn't happen ) and said I'd be welcome to walk with them again as they go there regularly.

He had a fab time especially in the river and lake up there. He was fairly calm when a horse went by. On the way home he was tired so actually walked the enire way home (almost an hour) in a good heel and I did the last 30 mins on his flat collar only

I am SOOOOO happy with him. I'm delighted that he behaved so nicely with Kia that he could walk on a full lead and behave himself, and that he tackled a whole group of dogs. It gives me faith that one day I may just get him off lead like a normal dog

Thanks for meeting us Sarah, it was so good for him. I hope we can walk with Kia again. I have a few photos of them together which I'll try and put up later. Cain's been spark out on the floor all day (it was a four hour round trip) getting up just for his dinner

ETA: Photos

Not great as just snapped on my phone, but proof Cain can walk calmly with another dog!

See, on full flexi lead but note that Kia is not splatted!

Walking nicely together on their leads

And just cos he's so handsome....
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Had a BRILLIANT walk with Cain today,I'm so proud of him that I may just burst

Walked up to Richmond Park with Sarah (Sarah & Mike) and her gorgeous ickle collie Kia. Cain and Kia have met once before and got on ok then but that was a few months ago. Cain was very well behaved with Kia, lots of play bowing and friendly behaviour, and didn't try to splat her too much The he calmed down and walked along with her very nicely with his best manners that I could unlock his extending lead and give him full freedom to explore. It was great that he could walk along calmly with another dog without getting totally over excited.

We bumped into a group of dog walkers with about 8 dogs. Initially I skirted them but when I saw them all being friendly with Kia, I braved it and crept towards them. He was totally over excited and and bit pouncy so none of them came too close to him, but all of his body language was friendly and considering he was surround by 9 other dogs and all their owners, I think he did really well He even took some sausage treats off of one of the dog owners. They all seemed to think his was ok and was urging me to let him off his lead (didn't happen ) and said I'd be welcome to walk with them again as they go there regularly.

He had a fab time especially in the river and lake up there. He was fairly calm when a horse went by. On the way home he was tired so actually walked the enire way home (almost an hour) in a good heel and I did the last 30 mins on his flat collar only

I am SOOOOO happy with him. I'm delighted that he behaved so nicely with Kia that he could walk on a full lead and behave himself, and that he tackled a whole group of dogs. It gives me faith that one day I may just get him off lead like a normal dog

Thanks for meeting us Sarah, it was so good for him. I hope we can walk with Kia again. I have a few photos of them together which I'll try and put up later. Cain's been spark out on the floor all day (it was a four hour round trip) getting up just for his dinner

ETA: Photos

Not great as just snapped on my phone, but proof Cain can walk calmly with another dog!

See, on full flexi lead but note that Kia is not splatted!

Walking nicely together on their leads

And just cos he's so handsome....
He did BRILLIANTLY today!!! No serious splattage! And Kia really enjoyed herself. She too has been asleep most of the day. Only had to take her on a short half hour walk this evening (well, she is a collie so we can't expect miracles! ) and she seems happy enough. Although the fireworks are freaking her out a bit now!

Big (((hugs))) for Cain from his new girlfriend Kia We'll have to do it again when we get back from Edinburgh

S xoxox

ETA: Brill photos Don't his ears look HUGE in the last pic?! What a handsome boy
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
Big (((hugs))) for Cain from his new girlfriend Kia We'll have to do it again when we get back from Edinburgh
Kiki will be jealous No evening walk here, he cant even be bothered to go into the garden for a wee Poor Kia, hope the fireworks stop soon.
Page 3 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 > Last »