View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi Jeanette the games help to tire the brain as well (well mine anway) so the dog gets a more 'fulfilled' feeling Luna as a gundog should love find and seek games Hope you are enjoying your new home and that the right job comes along for you soon..get one for me while you are looking..mine might disappear soon
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll try finding a job for you aswell You do the same for me

I could make some search exercises with her food. You know throwing it in the grass for her to find.

She loves that.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi guys

Well in the last week I've been biking for 15 minutes with Luna everymorning before getting ready to work.

And have made 2 kongs for her. I will buy a 3. in a couple of days.

Luna hasn't destroyed anything in this week, and loves her kong.

I just want to thank you all for advice. Luna is happy and you've made me buy cheese! Never thought that would happen, as I HATE Cheese, but been told cream cheese were a good idea for kongs!

Tomorrow we start dogtraining after the summervacation. I don't really think we're learning anything new anymore, and am thinking of stopping. Luna meets several dogs everyday, so the socialization bit is already taken caree of.. And the training bit I could just as easily do myself.

And we wouldn't have to walk 3 kilometers out to training and 3 kilometers home again afterwards!

Well I'll have a think about it. Any opinions on what I should do? Continue or not?
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm glad she's settling in Bellaluna I knew she would after she adjusted to the move. If you're not getting anything out of the training classes I would discontinue and look for advanced classes if you feel classes are essential. But as you said, you could just as easily do the training yourself...
Carole
Supervisor

01-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Jeanette, glad everythings working out with Luna
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanx guys

Yeah Barbara. Its been a tuff day today, as its boiling outside. Luna is completely knackered.

Today we've been in the sun in a total of 3½ hours. I don't have a car, soo we have to walk or bike to practice, and its a 45 minutes walk each way if we walk in a fresh tempo, so probablely more and hour today.

Well I'll have to think....
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

02-08-2004, 02:24 AM
The major problems with training alone are:

1) Motivation. It is so easy to put it off until another day, and another, and another, and then you find you haven't trained for weeks.

2) Instruction. You do need someone to watch you and let you know what you are doing wrong or how you could improve.

If you have any inclination to do competetive obedience, even if far in the future, you really do benefit from classes & the advice of a good instructor.

If you & Luna are bored by your current classes try, as Barbara said, to get into advanced work.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi SB

I've just joined the danish retriever club, perhaps they can offer some other classes. I can't get to any advanced class where we are now, as we have to pass. That requires Luna to bark on command!

But yeah I am thinking its probablely best to continue, and then just swallow the annoying bit about "travelling"
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2