Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 06:26 PM

New puppy

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all well,
We have a new dog, she came to us last August, at 8 weeks old, she’s now 11 months and oh my what a shock to the system, at times I felt like giving up....but anyhow that’s not my style and just kept going, it was tough though lol 😆

Now she has matured a little bit and grown up she is an absolute pleasure to own 😊

She is a working bred ESS, docked and parents health tested.
Both her parents work, Her Sire was made up to a field trial champion last Oct.

She is just a happy little dog and always has a wiggly butt! An absolute pleasure to walk, now i’ve Sorted the pulling out, and her recall is fab too, and it’s lovely walking a non reactive dog.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 09:40 PM
Hello Odd I was thinking of you not long ago; before lockdown meet a lady with a Staff called "Meg"

What the pup called and I totally agree none reactive is lovely, awwww
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2020, 07:02 AM
Thanks Kazz,

I didn’t want another SBT after losing Meg.

We called her Lily, Her mother was called Meg, so strange the way it happened, We weren’t actually looking for another pup, but Tim just happened to come across this litter, so we contacted her breeder, went to view and the breeder ticked all my boxes and the rest was history :grin Breeder also asked us a lot of questions, where we live, did we have a garden, will she be left on her own etc etc we told him he was welcome to come and see our house and garden 😊

I have a work colleague I walk her with and her two little terriers and we have so many fields here and beautiful walks, i’m Currently walking her between 3 and 4 miles a day and she gets a good run either offlead or if it’s not safe she will go on her line.
She’s good with the cats, she wants to play with them and often drops a ball for them

She’s been really hard work, and extremely frustrating at times, but I guess thats the fun of raising a puppy, and I tried clicker training, had huge success with that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2020, 08:10 AM
Hi Sal, glad you are al well.
Lovely a new puppy sounds like you are now at the fun stage.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2020, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi Sal, glad you are al well.
Lovely a new puppy sounds like you are now at the fun stage.
Hi Lynn,
I'm really not a fan of young puppies, I must be a bit of an odd bod
It had been 13 years since I last raised a puppy and it was a bit of a shock to say the least, we weren't going to crate train but after 5 days we decided that we needed one, as we just couldn't watch her 24/7.

Now she's a bit older and responding well, can actually see the work that's gone into her paying off, am I really enjoying her.

I am hoping to do her KC good citizen award and when she's a bit older I would love to do agility with her, well that's the plan anyhow
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Hi Lynn,
I'm really not a fan of young puppies, I must be a bit of an odd bod
It had been 13 years since I last raised a puppy and it was a bit of a shock to say the least, we weren't going to crate train but after 5 days we decided that we needed one, as we just couldn't watch her 24/7.

Now she's a bit older and responding well, can actually see the work that's gone into her paying off, am I really enjoying her.

I am hoping to do her KC good citizen award and when she's a bit older I would love to do agility with her, well that's the plan anyhow
You are not odd well maybe you are but then I am too as I am not a fan of puppies either. She sounds perfect for you and the family. A couple in my road have an ESS and he is lovely called Hector and he is about 12/13 now. I have met a couple of Welsh Springer Spaniels and have to say I am a fan of those.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2020, 01:16 PM
Doesn't it make dog walking a pleasure when they are non-reactive?

Sounds like your girl has really found her feet and you have many more years to enjoy each other xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Doesn't it make dog walking a pleasure when they are non-reactive?

Sounds like your girl has really found her feet and you have many more years to enjoy each other xx
Thank you
It really does, it’s lovely to have her off lead too, and knowing if she sees anyone she doesn’t know returns to me and I put her in a sit put her lead on and make her wait until they have passed, then let her go again

She’s quite timid with dogs and people she doesn’t know, so sort of makes recalling her a little easier lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-05-2020, 05:12 PM
Hi Sal - Great to see you here again and so pleased you have another dog. They really do enhance our lives.

Keep us posted on developments, also how is your lad I seem to recall we had some discussions about him as well. Hope I've got that right
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Sal - Great to see you here again and so pleased you have another dog. They really do enhance our lives.

Keep us posted on developments, also how is your lad I seem to recall we had some discussions about him as well. Hope I've got that right
Thank you,
Hope you are well,
Lily has helped us heal after losing Meg, she’s so enthusiastic, so full of life and full of energy, and so intelligent, I love her to bits, such a special little dog

Luke is doing really well, eventually passed his driving test, and works in a private school in the kitchen, he’s not at work at the moment though due to this virus.

I will keep popping in when time allows as I am now in full time work, and nearing the completion of my NVQ in health and social care.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >