Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2004, 10:50 AM

Lumps

Last night I discovered a small lump on Stars back. It is about the size of the emoticons on the left.

How long should I wait before going to the vet. She came out in lumps last summer, reason unknown. They went away after I gave her an antihistamine tablet.

We are going to see vet nurse for worming tablets today. Star freaks out at the sight of the vet, so dont want to involve vet unless I have to.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

12-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Get it checked out Carole just for peace of mind
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

12-05-2004, 10:31 AM
I am very wary of lumps and bumps in Boxers. I would get it checked by the vet. Probably it is nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.
Carole
Supervisor

12-05-2004, 10:39 AM
I spoke to the vet this morning and have to try antiseptic cream for a week or so and if it is still there Star has to go back. We dont want to involve the vet unless we have to as Star freaks out even at the sign of her.

She was in my mother in laws garden just before it appeared and she has all sorts of midges and insects crawling about. It happened last summer also but she had a lot more of them then. One lump is more of a worry.

Keeping my fingers crossed it goes away.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2004, 12:19 PM
fingers crossed carole at least your aware of it and can act accordingly
Carole
Supervisor

12-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks Inca
Bon
Almost a Veteran

17-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi Carol, how is Star did the lump go away?
weims
Dogsey Junior

17-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi, If you suspect that the lump is because of an allergic reaction to something in the garden instead of giving her antihistamine (drugs) you could gather some nettles (with gardening gloves on of course) put them into a large jug/bowl crush slightly with a rolling pin and pour over boiling water and leave to steep. When the liquid is cooled drain and discard the nettles and bottle the liquid..... it is a very effective anti histamine. I used it on my dog when he had a nasty reaction to vaccination and his head swelled up and he was hot and itching. It worked within 24 hours he was back to normal.

I tend to try and use natural things on my dogs rather then drugs.

Lynn
Carole
Supervisor

17-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks Lynn

Is it the nettles you find all over the place Might try that. Last summer Star came up in lumps all over her body, I got a fright

Bon, the lump is still there but you cant see it by looking at Star. Last week you could see it though her coat. Its getting smaller, so hopefully will disappear in the next few days, if not a trip to the dreaded vet
weims
Dogsey Junior

18-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi, yes it is the nettles that you find anywhere When the liquid is cool apply liberally over the affected area every couple of hours or so. Make sure that the liquid gets to the skin in a LH breed, dont worry about soaking the coat.

Lynn
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >