Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Fudge entered prettiest Bitch.

Feeling a little despondant as Fudge has just entered the show ring for the first time in a local prettiest bitch class.

She was unplaced and in fact the judge spent very little time with her at all. Would it have been better for her to stand, all the other dogs were sitting so that is what i asked her to do to.

She is however prettiest bitch in my eyes and always will be.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Dont worry best one as far as you are concerned, some judges have no heart and it happens at higher standards too , folk pay lots of money to enter dogs in a class only to have the judge practically ignore them, it does hurt and i know as its happened many times to us but now we are older we just pass it off as a stupid ignorand judge who does not know enough of that breed or does not deserve the priveleged position of judging, so hold your head high, prob yours too outstanding!! x
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I think the judge can be someone influenced by their own tastes in dogs. In the prettiest bitch show minnie entered she came nowhere, spaniels came 1st 2nd and 3rd....hm! Suspicious!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:30 PM
All the dogs shortlisted were pedigrees, so maybe it`s just easier to judge a breed that has a standard rather than a crossbreed?

Feeling better now as she has given me a big cuddle.She was obviously not bothered at all..LOL I think i was just disappointed for my kids as they were all watching expectantly!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:31 PM
no worries mate she is a beauty in our eyes
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
no worries mate she is a beauty in our eyes

Thanks Inca. I think I will stick to the agility, Fudge in motion is a treat for sore eyes.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
All the dogs shortlisted were pedigrees, so maybe it`s just easier to judge a breed that has a standard rather than a crossbreed?

Feeling better now as she has given me a big cuddle.She was obviously not bothered at all..LOL I think i was just disappointed for my kids as they were all watching expectantly!!
I forgot to point out that the final event "dog judges would most like to take home" was also a spaniel Maybe thats why minnie wasnt placed either as she is also a crossbreed. We love them and thats all that matters
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, she is a beautiful girl,you must have had a judge like Giddy did at Crufts

The trouble with this showing lark, and even sometimes at companion show level, is that everyone is scratching each others backs. It makes me mad, and it's not sour grapes as I've done very well with my dogs when I could afford to show them, but you see the same old faces placing each other.

I wouldn't give up, one day you'll find a judge that actually places the dogs he/she likes rather than what has been dictated must be placed. There are still some of them about, I upset a few people when I last judged as they thought I should have placed them just because I knew them I actually placed what I liked

You definately took the most beautiful one home with you
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, she is a beautiful girl,you must have had a judge like Giddy did at Crufts

The trouble with this showing lark, and even sometimes at companion show level, is that everyone is scratching each others backs. It makes me mad, and it's not sour grapes as I've done very well with my dogs when I could afford to show them, but you see the same old faces placing each other.

I wouldn't give up, one day you'll find a judge that actually places the dogs he/she likes rather than what has been dictated must be placed. There are still some of them about, I upset a few people when I last judged as they thought I should have placed them just because I knew them I actually placed what I liked

You definately took the most beautiful one home with you
Thanks Sheree, it must be so hard to judge a pedigree Rottie for example against a greyhound against a crossbreed such as Fudge.As they say.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 02:57 PM
The judge should have gone to Specsavers! Fudge is extremely pretty and the best part is that you got to bring her home and look at her everyday. Don't let it get you down, at least you know on here she has plenty of Fudge fans
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >