View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:17 AM

Teething puppy - how long before all the deciduous teeth are shed?

Hi all

My puppy has just started teething. She is 14 weeks old. She has lost 3 of her little front teeth (2 bottom and one top) and i am just wondering how long the process takes for her to loose all her baby teeth?

Many thanks
Kris x
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:23 AM
kris, my moon has only just lost his last puppy tooth and he's 5 months
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:47 AM
LOL does this mean i will have to keep picking up tiny teeth for the next couple of months?! Well luckily she doesnt seem too bothered by it and she hasnt chewed anything worse than the doggy duvet in her bed.

I have bought her a teething toy which you can freeze to make it crunchy but also cool so hopefully that will be nice for her. Meanwhile Murphy has eaten the nylabone that i got for her (designed for teething puppies) so i think i will be picking up some funny looking poo soon! He seems very pleased with himself for eating though

I did have visions of all her baby teeth falling out before she got her real ones and her attacking Murphy with her not so razor sharp little gums and rather than chewing him to death she would have to 'gum' him to death or slobber him to death!
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2006, 12:47 PM
give it time lol,14 wks,early days ,mind you,you do have a labrador,prince of chewers lol,do you feed raw bones?a frozen raw bone is so soothing on hot little gums,14 wks aaaawww bless
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 12:52 PM
great tip for teething pups wet an ols flannel ring it out lightly and free it ......pups love the coldness of the material better than a hard teething ring .....
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by sez
give it time lol,14 wks,early days ,mind you,you do have a labrador,prince of chewers lol,do you feed raw bones?a frozen raw bone is so soothing on hot little gums,14 wks aaaawww bless
Yeah i guess. I was just surprised that three fell out within about 24 hours and wondered if they would all be gone within a couple of weeks or something! I thought it usually took between 2 and 3 months for them all to go but i wasnt sure. lol
Yes i have a labby but he is a good boy (where chewing is concerned!) and has only ever chewed one thing. It was a hole in the carpet about the size of my fist and it was when we first got him from the rescue centre. He hasnt chewed anything since (thankfully). But i always make sure if they are on their own they have enough toys and chewy dog things to keep them occupied!
I do not feed BARF as such yet but i give raw bones as treats and the veggies etc as 'extras'. And yes i have been freezing the bones first now! lol I didnt have any bones last night so i froze some broccoli stalks and they seems to go down a treat. Although Murphy's was gone in about 10 seconds and we did have some broccoli smelling poop this morning
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Angel started losing his baby teeth at 12 weeks, never found any of them though he must have ate them, just kept noticing gaps. He had his full set of Adult teeth by 5 months, so Vienna's could carry on for a while yet.

Misty's baby ones started coming out at about 16 weeks and she had her full set by about 5 1/2 months and I actually found some of hers.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Well we have found one so far and 2 have been eaten i think. They are most noticeably mising though as they are the ones right at the front of her mouth. OH is currently teasing her by calling her 'Gappy' or 'Gummy'. How charming! This has also lead to the singing of the gummie bears theme tune (bouncing here and there and everywhere)
So i think everyone has gone crazy?!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 02:07 PM
We only ever found 1 of Cassie's and I still have it Don't know what happened to the rest!