Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 08:55 AM

Sun for Sunday 22nd January 2023

Morning all. A frosty but sunny morning. Kazz I didn't fancy the film but thanks for telling me about it. Hope you all have a lovely day and get over the aches and pains. I am being good and having another homemade casserole. What are you all having? Have a lovely time away Lynn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
The sun is coming up here too but boy is it cold. Trees and shrubs covered in a heavy frost.

Thank you griff and brenda done a covid test both of us and we are clear. I did one Wednesday as I went down with this annoying cold, so will message our friend and check they still want us to visit.
Also got to ring my brother and check he wants to meet for coffee today as he hasn't long got over being really ill with the bug Chris and Dave went down with.

griff hope you are doing ok, try to rest I know we keep saying it and you still keep plodding on.
Chris I hope the cough is better but I do think you need the x-ray.
Sue I hope you have a calm restful day.
Kazz enjoy the ramble today, wrap up warm.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 10:45 AM
Mum took a test yesterday Lynn as she didn't feel right, then I started with a sore throat, headache and cough...both negative thankfully!
Hmmmm dinner, not sure, maybe a roast.....if not pasta bake most likely
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2023, 11:22 AM
Glad your both negative griff. Hope you both feel better soon.
My brother is happy to meet for coffee if I'm feeling up to it which I am and our friends are still happy for us to go and stay. Pam said colds everywhere at the moment.
Freya not much better cough not shifting with the ab's but she did sleep last night. So Lauren will be ringing the Doctor tomorrow as he wanted to hear back if the cough hadn't gone in 48 hours.
Possibly needs a different ab. Poor Lauren is on holiday for a week with a poorly toddler.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 11:27 AM
Good morning Brenda Lynn and Kelly

Enjoy your holiday Lynn and hope Freya is soon sorted with different abs

Pleased you are both negative Kelly but do take care.

Enjoy your day Benda

Very cold again this morning. Teazle walked, a bit of gardening done, chocolate cake made and dinner in the oven. I have macaroni cheese and Barry is having roast chicken breast. Might get back in the garden this afternoon as still a lot of leaves and acorns on the flower beds.

Take cafe everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-01-2023, 11:48 AM
Sue has had problems with the cars window screens with a light smear on them. She tried everything and nothing worked. On the interweb advertised from China a product that I bought and Sue tried it yesterday and seemed to work.Got it on Amazon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 12:46 PM
Good afternoon all

Fog, fog and more fog here this morning so the heavy frost is taking its sweet time to clear. The sun has been trying, but failing to break through all morning.

What was the product TW? It sounds useful

It appears that a lot of us are having a brilliant start to 2023 with coughs, colds and various viruses. Let's hope February brings us all a bit better luck
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 02:21 PM
Good afternoon all

Planned ramble this morning with one of my local groups however the group leader has tested positive with covid and a couple of the group appear to be down with the dreaded “lurgy” one of whom is the backup leader so the walk was cancelled late last night.

So went for a walk nearer to home. Cold but very enjoyable. Home and a fair bit of tidying and vacuuming now doing nothing had a nice roast dinner yesterday (due to the walk) we normally have lunch out so chicken and homemade chips possibly to finish the day.

So doing not much now a shower later and listen to the local radio gardening hour.

Have a good day all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 02:36 PM
Brenda Not a great casserole fan when I have one I enjoy it but not my first choice no idea why nowt as strange as folk they say. Although I am becoming a big fan/connoisseur of gravy of late no idea why maybe getting old. LOL

Sometimes you need to throw an idea out there ie the tv show.

What's in your casserole? Have also started Sky+ ing the History of Britain series narrated by Simon Schama 9pm BBC4 Tuesdays

Chris I hope as do you do. its not a long standing side effect and just difficult to move on.

I imagine being "vulnerable" chest wise it will take its effects there but like Stu.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today they say "cold weather" kills the bugs off hope its true its cold enough. How is Dave doing? did you get your porch was it issues sorted now you have the new neighbours.

TW Yeah hopefully the windscreen is resolved well done. I brought and fitted new windscreen wipers in the week I get Bosch as some of the different/generic ones do not seem as good to me. You get what you pay for as they say.

Lynn Yes, I think your brother and friends are right its everywhere you cannot avoid it just hope for the best.

Good thing is Summer is a coming Caravan down time.

Hope the little one feels better and having "Mommy" at home full time will hopefully speed up the process for her and help Lauren not feel "guilty" going to work leaving her home (not that she neds to but suspect that's a given being first time working Mommy)

Griff Hope you are feeling a bit better today as well what the plan "food run" "shoes run" or having time to yourself.

Sue I looked at the garden but thought nah to cold to break ground at the moment but see the common sense of picking up. My red cordylines have died a death with this weather even though wrapped shame but they are not perirenal and hardy here. Have you any thoughts on adding new plants or altering the garden this year?

Suspect Teazel is now liking her coat with this weather. Enjoy your cake I have made apple crumble.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2023, 02:45 PM
Afternoon all
Sent my brother a photo of frosty cold here and he sent me a lovely sea view from his living room window!
Been out with the dogs and had a lovely time, ran into a friend who was informing me the object my dad was messing around with now plays darts on a Sunday night....set the cat amongst the pigeons, told him I am going to be up there one evening and will sort her out... should be good to go after Tuesday lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >