Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2023, 07:59 AM

Tis a Frosty Tuesday 17th January 2023

Morning all. I hope everyone had a good evening. Yep the road along the coast is always flooding. For years and years they have tried to solve the problem but to no avail. I was offered a fish tank yesterday but in the end declined as it meant using a lot of water and electricity to run it so sadly I decided not to have it. All I want is a largish bowl with one or two fishes in it. But nope I have decided not to even go there as it means problems with using my strange hands cleaning it out every so often. Which means more water usage. Anyway enough of my woes. Hope all other woes get sorted for you all. Have a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Morning all
Nice and sunny here!!!
Brenda, I don't think you are allowed to keep fishes in a bowl now, you have to have them in a tank with a pump. I remember when my cousin wanted one, pets at home refused to sell her a fish because the tank wasn't "adequate" ....that's why you don't see bowls for sale anymore, likewise I was going to get some fish for Steve but as he has OCD, he couldn't promise he wouldn't turn the plug off that ran the pump, I didn't think it was fair to risk the fish.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2023, 10:40 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kelly

Hope you both have a good day and that you Kelly take a bit of me time.

Hope Gary's sight improves Chris.

-3 when I went out this morning at 6.40 to get to Ben's.. All the roads were good until you got near to him. There are two roads that lead to his turn off, the first is the quickest and this had diversion signs say turn left. So left I tried but no the road is closed off where it is flooded the signs must have been for the traffic coming down from him the other way that would normally turn off that road before the junction. So turned round and took the other road which is still flooded and icy before and after the water. Still got in and out safely that is all that matters. Back again this afternoon.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2023, 11:54 AM
Sue, I am pleased you made it safely and I hope your return journey is safe too.
I am popping to town, Steve broke his coat yesterday and so we ordered him a new one, then he broke another one this morning, he rung me yesterday in a panic as he was stuck in his coat.... nearly 54 years old and begging for help how to get himself out of his coat lol. Made chicken curry for dad and Steve and veg curry for myself, had to make 3 separate curries as I don't eat meat and Steve can't tolerate spice so I did him a tikka.... hopefully that's not too spicy for him!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Morning brenda, griff, Sue and all who follow.
Just made it before afternoon, not that I have been lying in, I did get up at 7 today usually I am up between 5 & 6 so guess it's a lie-in.
Thankfully no flooding here but bitterly cold and frosty.
Caught up with the washing, hoovering and dusting today and cleaned the bathroom all my catch up jobs done now.
Gorden is on a dump run and getting the 2nd part worn tyre put on the Volvo before we go up to Yorkshire Monday to see our friends for a few days.

Sue the school run sounds awful and worrying with all the flood water and now turning to ice. Take care out there.
Glad you enjoyed your Sunday. You deserve it.
Chris I hope Gary's eye can be sorted without scans and possible operations.
Sometimes I think the Doctors think we do not lead a stressful life, just having to go back to the first Doctor is like climbing mountain especially as were ageing. That's what I loved about my mum's consultant when she was alive. He would ask how she was and then ask me how you are you ?
He knew how difficult mum could be and that I was raising children and holding down a part time job plus running a household.
griff I hope you are managing to slow down a little.
Kazz how is the full time work going ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2023, 07:43 PM
Busy day for you Lynn! Hope the weather picks up for your Yorkshire visit.
Hmmmm, has a little time for myself, took dinner to Steve and bought him a loaf as he had run out...2 days ago! His new coat arrived so I took that to him, he was trying it on in the café but he wasn't sure so took it home to try, he broke another zip on a coat today....strange man! He was supposed to finish work at 18.10 but didn't finish until 18.35, he is supposed to take a time ticket for the time owed and hand it in but he was that wound up he didn't bother. Walked the dogs, washed up and had a shower.... that's me done for today!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2023, 08:09 PM
Busy day for you to griff by the sounds of things.
We have been warned to take our thermals.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Yeah, bit busy Lynn but I am trying to get stuff done while I am able, I know there's going to be times I can't manage anything, I have noticed how tired I am getting now, I am hoping when I get this kidney stuff and lft abnormalities sorted things will be how they were