Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 07:59 AM

So So Sunday 15th January 2023

Morning all. Another Sunday and nothing to do but the weather looks reasonable so maybe a walk a bit further for a change. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2023, 10:20 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
We are popping into Ely mostly to get the turmeric powder I use to make the golden paste for us, to help with aches and pains and energy.
I prefer organic if possible.
We might have a look around Ely or get a coffee or possibly pop onto a garden centre.
It is very windy and bitterly cold so I don't think there will be too much outside activity.
It's funny looking out of the bedroom window and not seeing the Chrysler on the front.
So glad it didn't get scrapped.

Sue enjoy your relaxing day. Unless that's changed and the family are joining after you all.
Chris enjoy your breakfast.
griff wishing you a calm day.
brenda hope you find some good books to read or some good films to watch.
If you like scary films there is the Woman in black on BBC Iplayer. We watched it last night it does have bits that make you jump. Danielle Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and some other familiar faces older actors.
If you have netflix a new film came out Friday Dog gone. Sad in places but not sad all the way through or at the end.
Some suggestions for you Kazz if you can access the channels.
Hope you have a good day to Kazz.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 11:48 AM
Morning all
Groan! Dad was prescribed sleeping tablets, 3 chemists...nope, rung another, nope, looking at it online..... been discontinued! I have said he will need to see our chemist and ask their advice and then get the GP to prescribe an alternative for what they can get hold of. It seems like such a waste of everyone's time, surely there's a list of drugs that are not available??
Enjoy your day at Ely Lynn
Brenda, my brother went to walk up some hill thing in Hastings...it was bad weather and he got to a field...he sent me a photo and I just said "nope" he turned round and went back home, he has been up it before and said the view is amazing
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 12:47 PM
Yep been there many moons ago.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 12:53 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope you have managed to get a good walk Benda and enjoyed it

Sad when something goes but hopefully new motor will do all that is asked of it and more, Nice of the chap to offer to help with the cost of repair. Enjoy your trip to Ely.

Take it easy Kelly. You can only do so much running around it is up to your dad to sort now. Hastings is very hilly the is why I would not live there. Where we are is a bit but nothing that like there.

Lovely day here. Teazle walked and then cleaned both cars inside and out. Still got problem with the windscreens but gradually getting there. It is mainly the passenger side now with little bits round the top and sides of the drivers side. Funny both cars are the same and it is not just the windscreens but the sides and back as well. Guess I will never find out

Hope all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Back from Ely lots of dogs and a Bernese. Said hello it is their sons dog they are looking after while their son is in Poland on holiday.
They like her but prefer their Jack Russell who was also very sweet.
Very cold out though so not much wandering around.
Got what I needed plus some new straighteners and a nice cake each for a cuppa when home off the lovely cake stall.

griff that is ridiculous about the tablets. Hope the problem is sorted tomorrow when the pharmacies are open or maybe today if you can source an open one and get an answer.
Sue it is so weird about the windows on the car. Makes you wonder if driving you went through something that had been spilt in a puddle or wet road.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 02:14 PM
Lynn I have seen Woman in Black. I found Lewes quite hilly to when I lived there and went to school. Loved it though and Hastings and St. Leonard's.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Apparently it's the next longest play running in the West End and scarier than the tv version.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 06:40 PM
Walked the dogs, cooked a Sunday dinner, used the air fryer for roasties and stuffing, washed my hair and had a shower, sat down and not moving lol
I watched the woman in black when it came out, it was o.k but I really like horror films, you can't seem to get any decent new horrors though, I watched terrified but that was a really really poor version of it.
Steve had the food I made for him yesterday, he said it was too late to bother when he got in last night which to be fair...it would have been 11pm
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Good afternoon all or is it evening now

Kelly, it sounds to me as though you look after everyone but yourself. A little bit of self-care goes a long way you know

Town today for us as the village cafe is closed today and tomorrow. Fortunately, and it was a nice surprise, the lovely little coffee shop cafe was open so we had breakfast there. The bonus being we could eat inside

Gary has a hospital appointment tomorrow early afternoon so we won't be going out. He has to have his eyes checked as the optician seems to think one eye is starting to turn inwards. Hopefully this is just a glitch and not the start of a bigger problem as he depends on his eyesight

It sounds like the deaf girl is on her final warning at the flats and one more bit of trouble (she's been getting drunk and causing mayhem by the sound of it) and she's out
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >