Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2023, 08:26 AM

Soaking Saturday 14rh January 2023

Morning peeps. Yep it is soaking again out there. So, no walk for me just yet. I think I will have to just measure the length of the bedroom to the front room and walk backwards and forwards. Kazz, no running as gravity always makes me fall over, large boobs. rofl!! As to knowing who I am I will wear a bobble hat. Lynn, hope you get sorted out with the car problem. Sue, sorry to hear about the family going back abroad. Such a shame as I thought the girls were settled. Kelly, have you tried shoezone? They have a selection of boots. But knowing you I expect you have. Well can't think of anything more. Keep dry peeps. Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2023, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone.
It was raining here earlier on and has now stopped but is very windy.
Next doors solar panels are going up today unless the weather stops play.
The scaffolding is down the side in our garden.
Fingers crossed the guy comes to collect the Chrysler today and pays the full price he bid for it, although if he offers a little less I will most likely let it go especially if he is able to fix it and it has a new lease of life for a while.
We are unsure if the drains in the road have been unblocked communication has gone very quiet from the Councillor.
Toilet ok for now as the rain has been light if it decides to pour down later we will find out if the drains have been cleared.

brenda hope your walk today won't be too wet and windy.
griff I hope you and the family have a peaceful weekend.
Sue have you got family over for lunch today ? If not I hope you have a calm weekend.
Kazz does your full time working pattern start today or tomorrow I understand from Mark and Lauren that Sunday is the start of the week in retail.
Chris I hope you have a quiet weekend and it isn't too bad weather wise to sit outside for breakfast.
How is Rosie doing and Dave ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2023, 08:56 AM
Good morning Lynn

Hope the Chrysler goes today for the amount you have asked and drains behave themselves.

Hope you are ok Kelly and try and have a rest.

Hope you don't get wet today Brenda. It is meant to dry up this afternoon so a walk then maybe.

No doubt you will be out for your breakfast Chris sos enjoy.

Very wet here and windy. No family not coming today so a quiet weekend. Yes Ben will be going back to Brazil too. I will really miss them but then it is their life and we cannot interfere

Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Morning brenda don't topple over.
Enjoy your quiet weekend Sue, recharge the batteries.
It is sad when they move that far away. I felt quite down when Michael moved to Madrid not as far as Brazil.
They have to live their life though and having been stifled myself when young from moving any great distance by mum and her emotional blackmail especially when married and having the children I would not deny my children the opportunity to move.
Michael is far happier in Madrid and it's a lot safer than London which makes me happy.

Roman who sold us the car has been in touch today and has asked to be kept informed of cost and looks like he might be willing to help with costs.
He has offered to sort the lights for the next MOT he will get them sorted. No thanks we will sort not said that yet, as Gorden isn't sure he understands it's the computer to the car that is rejecting the units that have been put in, it has to be the correct units for the car to send the right power to the lights in the first place.
Good to know he is listening though.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2023, 11:40 AM
I have a strong opinion about Bens decision and how it was made but promised Sue to say nothing. As I have no intention of going to Brazil again it looks at the moment I shall never ever see him his wife or the granchildren ever again, and this really upsets me.
As a grandparent it is very hard to step back and watch the worst decision made but it is their choice .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2023, 11:42 AM
Morning all
Just received an appointment for a pre op appointment on second of February and my questionnaire for the CT scan. I know people have had problems with the NHS...me included but they have stepped up really quickly to help me out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2023, 12:18 PM
That's good news griff.

Barry I understand how you must feel, but as you say it is their choice and maybe Ben feels similar it can't be easy for him to go and know he might not see you again.
Although I am sure you will and he will make the journey to make sure he does.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2023, 06:19 PM
Good evening all

Yes, we did get out for breakfast and it was both dry and quite mild. We managed to be out after the rain and before the wind picked up so we were lucky.

Dave is just about there now thank heavens and Rosie is doing quite well considering.

Sue/TW I can only imagine how upset you must feel. It's bad enough for us being a hundred miles away. I can imagine your angst with Ben also TW. He is doing so well with his job here, has a nice house and now this. I bet you could throttle him

Kelly, good luck with the scan and the procedure. We can call the NHS what we want, but when it's serious they come through for us thank heavens.

Fingers crossed the car seller helps out Lynn. To be fair, he should do

Brenda, it sounds like your winter fashion is like mine except I don a Russian hat (think Sherlock Holmes but waterproof)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Chrysler left on a trailer to Wolverhampton about 2.30. The buyers friend collected it.
Just had a call from the guy who brought it he is so so happy and couldn't stop thanking me.
He didn't expect it to be so clean. I said I am very happy to hear you will fix it and enjoy it for your dogs as we did Dillon. He says it is going into his workshop Monday to have the head removed and him to move on and fix it.

I had a few tears when it left we bought the car for Dillon nice and low in and out electric sliding doors and boot, plus the stow and go is so good. It feels like another piece of him has gone.

The guy who sold us the Vauxhall says if we let him know when all things are fixed he will help out with some money back.
To be honest he doesn't have to as it was a private sale but nice and also helpful that he is willing to help.

Glad you, Dave and Rosie are on the mend Chris.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2023, 07:06 PM
Good evening all out and about today.

Lynn Yes the working week in retail is Sunday however our revamp knocking down restarting stage fitters are starting tomorrow evening and we are dong the merchandising Monday. Nice to know the guy has been in touch.

Brenda Lets hope its not a bobble hat convention day LOL

Chris Good news about your recovery, glad you did not get blown away are you scheduled to get the forecasted snow?

Sue A very pragmatic approach don't break bridges if you don't have to and the girls are of the right age now to have made closer bonds with you and all you have done than they may have even living in this Country all the while. You never know they may be back to go to Uni or similar here.

TW Understand you stance totally.

Griff You are right when needed the NHS come through, how is Steve doing?

Catch you all later a hike tomorrow with the ramblers then lunch out with friends so catch you tomorrow afternoon if not early doors.

Right TV chatter for these cold dark nights

Going to give a TV show a go this evening Mystery Road Origin think I have come to this late but will see.

Also anyone watching Marie Antoinette BBC2 Thursdays finding it slowish but think it will be good.

Anyone seen anything else good?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >