Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 07:47 AM

Tis a wet Tuesday 10th January 2023

Morning all. Yep very wet again this morning. Lynn I expect Freya is having the nursery gremlins. They always go down with something when they start. Something about building immunity. Hope she feels better very soon. Kelly hope you get seen too today. Chris hope all is well with you still and Dave's new meds are helping. Sue hope all is well with you and your family. Kazz hope all is well with you after your rambling. Make sure you have plenty of blister packs. Well I will wait until it gets light before going out to get my tv paper. That's if I can be bothered as I doubt anything new has changed on tut tele. Byee have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 09:13 AM
Morning Brenda, well, apparently I will be getting a call at just gone 9.30am.....now this is what I was told last Thursday and I got a call at 3.30pm so we shall see!
There are a few new programs on t.v Brenda but.......they put them on on consecutive nights, that's no good to me, I tend to miss a couple of nights and not bother then.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2023, 09:29 AM
Morning brenda, griff and all to follow.
Horribly wet here too.

brenda definitely the nursery gremlins, Mark was saying so many snotty nosed children there.
Lauren understandably as she was under the weather at the weekend was worried about her going if under the weather as she loves her cuddles when not well and of course that's Granddad, me and her other nanny.
We have made ourselves available if needed Gorden will drive the car in the way he did last night coming home and all should be well.
Mark wants to send her so she builds up as you say immunity. Hopefully she will be better today she wasn't as bad yesterday as she was at the weekend.
Volvo in the garage and hoping for a cv joint issue and the abs/anti skid warning lights on not too much of an issue time wise or money wise.
Vauxhall going in on Thursday first thing into the garage and they will put there super dooper diagnostic machine on it and hopefully and not to expensively find and solve the problem quickly.
Donna who owns and runs the garage is not a fan of the new cars, she was very young and got into mending and then rebuilding older cars and much prefers them.
Mind you I think all of us oldies do the days you could lift the bonnet and solve your problems yourself. My dad, brothers and brother-in-law taught Gorden all the tricks and how to fix your car. Gorden use to fix our washing machines too back in the day in fact there wasn't much you couldn't fix yourself.
Trouble is now everything is chips and not the kind you eat in everything so impossible to fix yourself.

griff thanks for the link we will let the garage look and fix it would end up there anyway.
I really hope they do get back to you when they say. How are you feeling and how are the kidneys doing ?
brenda it looks like it may be a stay in day.
Sue hope you are now home from the school run and having a well deserved coffee.
Chris hoping you and Dave are feeling much better.
Kazz hope you have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 09:42 AM
Good morning Brenda, Kelly and Lynn

Hope you find something to watch Brenda.

Also hope you have now received the phone call and receiving treatment Kelly.

Yes nursery gremlins Lynn. Best to get them over and done with early. My friend and I went on holiday in a Moggy and was told a spanner and a screwdriver would keep us on the road. Barry used to spend his time with his head under the bonnet rebuilding engines etc. He also virtually rebuilt a Morris Minor including welding and repainting. Those days are gone now sadly.

Very wet here too. Washing in machine but as I have no clothes line outside not bothered. No school run this morning but gymnastics run tonight then off again all day tomorrow. Will have to wait and see what the rest of the week holds but so far very restful.

Have a good day and take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 09:45 AM
Bless Freya, tell you what, you are lucky with that nursery, the ones here....slightest thing and they call you to come and collect your little one, honestly, mums friend used to just get to work after dropping her off and she was back out the door to go and collect her daughter.
I totally agree with Donna, when I started it was really really straight forward, within 5 years..... computerized and it had gone from stacks of room to work in to literally no space to get a piece of paper!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2023, 10:48 AM
Glad you have a reasonable day off today Sue and tomorrow off.
Any call yet griff ?

Gorden has replaced an engine in a Ford Granada and the big ends in a Corsair. Plus he always maintained the cars back in the day.
He siad though as he is now 65 he would probably pay someone else to do it now, less strength in hands and the cold and wet gets into your bones when older.

Well you won't believe it we have a backed up toilet. Over the weekend we had a short sharp downpour and the toilet water rose nothing unusual in that here it quickly goes down as the water in the drains subsides.
We were thinking of putting on a non return valve like next door has done in their downstairs bathroom.
Today it has started to rise again and now won't flush away Gorden has looked and there is a blockage up the road the rain is not able to flow away and we have now had to set up the camping toilet.
Reported to Anglia water.
Other bungalows may be affected in the road and possibly houses with downstairs bathrooms. Not sure if any others have reported the issue.
So now we wait and see how quick they come out.
Gorden said a no return valve wouldn't work in this case.

Oh what a gay day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon all

It's bucketing down here. Nasty day

It's the first day I can truly say that I'm over the nasty flu virus thingy. My throat is back to as normal as it gets for me so I'm over the moon. Dave is slowly on the mend too (very slowly though, but I know it takes time)

We've changed head gaskets, ground valve seatings etc in the old cars. I think the funniest and most frustrating one we had was our very first car, an Hillman Imp. When it rained it stopped and we spent many a happy hour sat under bridges until it dried out enough to run again. Eventually we hit on putting foil behind the front grill and it worked perfectly. On one of our other cars I had to take my tights off to form a makeshift fan belt to get us running again. Sorry, but give me the modern cars any day

The Hillman we bought for the heady sum of £100. We handpainted it and two years later sold it for £200
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 01:40 PM
Oh this takes me back to when we bought our first car, a Ford Prefect plus it came with a blue cross pram, all for £25 My mum and dad re did the hood of the pram. Another thing that really made me laugh was only a few years ago I found the mats in the front of one of my car's wet and I asked my brother if I had petrol leak. He said strike a match and see. Huh. I am not that stupid. Bless him, he's gone now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 06:57 PM
Sorry, yes...I did get my call, I am on a fast track referral....cancer scare... again! It's not, it's just me but apparently peeing blood is very bad. Then dad came back from work early, took him to the Dr and he is on a fast track referral to head and neck with a possibility of a tumour, he has been bringing up blood, has ear and throat pain, struggling to turn his head and has a hoarse voice.....decides to leave it 6 weeks before getting checked....ffs
Lynn, sorry to hear you are having toilet issues...I haven't seen Dyno rod next door for at least a week so fingers crossed!
Chris......yay!!!!!! Glad you are feeling much better and pleased Dave is feeling better too
Brenda, I used to smoke under cars....range rovers always stank of petrol so I am surprised I am here to tell the tale!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Scary stuff, Kelly. I hope both you and your dad get the all clear xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >