Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 08:39 AM

Morning Monday 9th January 2023

Morning peeps. Hope you all have a good day. Kelly hope you get to see who you should see. Been for a walk, yep early one as it is quite nice here with the sun out. Remembered to put the bins out for tomorrow. Unfortunately because I forgot last week the recycling ones are over flowing. Ah well it is upto someone else I think to realise that they won't fit any more into them and will just have to put it into the other ones when they are empty. Have a good day everyone if you can.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 11:10 AM
Still waiting Brenda! Maybe find out what's happening by the end of the day....fingers crossed
Wow, did none of your neighbours realise that the bins weren't out??
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 11:51 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kelly

Pleased yuenjoyed your walk. Some peopledond't think and eave someone else to take care of everything.

Hope you soon get sorted Kelly.

Lovely morning here so took the opportunity to get some of the leaves off part of the garden. Garden bin full and the garage is filling up with bags. Will have to take a trip to the dump soon.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Busy again sue!!!
I have heard......... nothing! I am getting a bit annoyed now, I have an incredibly rare and complicated disease, the treatment they have given me leaves me at increased risk of bladder cancer Along with stomach cancer, skin cancer leukemia), the only person remotely concerned....the lady on reception at clinic 4 ( urology) she was very very helpful. I have just taken my last antibiotic and my kidneys still hurt, I have increased my fluid intake....I managed 3 litres of water yesterday plus a few coffees ( I normally have at least 10 mugs of coffee a day... have done for years) I am drinking more water today but I don't think it's helping the situation. Guess someone will get in touch with me at some point.
Just debating taking the dogs out after their dinner goes down
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon all

Kelly, that sounds dreadful and you'd think that alarm bells were ringing at the clinic you called

I've just had a call to ask why I missed my December eye appointment. Errr, what appointment? They one you were supposed to come to <sigh>

Another one booked but wouldn't you think that there would be morning, daylight appointments in the eye department? After quite a bit of debate she found me a 2.30 pm appointment near the end of the month so hopefully we will be home before we lose the light.

I seem to have had a day of it sorting out appointments and generally sorting everyone out so now its some me time me thinks
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 05:17 PM
I daresay they put the appointment in the post Chris and I have just received a Christmas card from my cousin in Spain she posted on 22/11/22
Well, there was no call so mum called the drs, apparently the lady had gone home.....the head receptionist checked my records, she can see the receptionist emailed the nurse practitioner and all the nurse practitioner has done is copy what was written in the email to my notes.
The lady at clinic said that a& e wouldn't be able to treat me properly...they would just refer me to urology which is what the GP practice should be doing and I did ask for a referral the other day...she had left it until home time on Thursday to call me and it was too late for her to do anything, to cover her ass she told me to go to a&e.....I honestly wouldn't ever do that, I didn't go when I had double pneumonia, I went to the Dr who then forced me to a&e.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2023, 07:15 PM
Evening everyone.
Been with Freya today she is under the weather, hoping she can manage nursery Wednesday as we will have no car, Volvo going to have the abs and anti skid warning lights looked at tomorrow and the new Vauxhall behaved itself till just over halfway to Mark and Lauren's then went into limp mode.
Bit scary driving a car you don't know in the dark that won't go above 40 and there are lots of roundabouts to negotiate plus getting onto the A14 for about a mile.
It did behave coming home Gorden drove it home in high gear as much as possible to stop the turbo charge kicking in. It worked.
Guy has already sent the £100 to our account to get the solonoid looked at and sorted.
Doing some research Gorden says it sounds very much like that is the problem after the guy's friend diagnosed that on his machine.

brenda glad you enjoyed your walk.
griff how bad are they overlooking your much needed appointment. Fingers crossed you get seen tomorrow.
Sue busy busy busy.
Chris everything is going so wrong.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2023, 09:01 PM
Lynn, get yourself an obd2 reader, they cost about 20-25 quid and you can read fault codes, then Google the code, if you are going to delete any codes, you just take a photo of the codes and the other information that follows. If nothing else it allows you to read the code, research it so you get an idea of what the cost is likely to be and I am sure your garage is honest so you wouldn't need to worry about being fleeced. Don't suppose you are a member of the AA/rac? If so, call them when you are away from home....if you don't have homestart and they will diagnose the fault code for you.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08...b_b_asin_title
That's my one....very simple to use