View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 06:20 PM
Yep i will go down to the sea early when no one's around.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2023, 06:27 PM
I use to go onto the field where we lived in Harlow and have a scream, sometimes I would through the woods up to the water tower also.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 09:37 PM
Good evening all

It sounds like this year hasn't started too well for many of us for one reason or another.

It was a nice morning here so we had a run round the village and up on the prom

Windy and rainy this afternoon though.

Dave's diabetes is through the roof so a doctor call back today. The doctor added another medication. Hopefully that will do the trick

I've taken your advice Brenda and started gargling with salt water. The sore throat isn't shifting and my tongue is so sore

I've seen so many lives ruined through drink and/or drugs Kelly and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why some get addicted and not others. The truly sad part is that it doesn't just affect the person that has got themselves into that state, but their family too

Rosie is holding her own (thanks for asking Kazz). I let her walk as much as she wants to and then she rides with me. She is very good at letting me know when she's had enough
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2023, 09:49 PM
Sorry the sore throat isn't shifting Chris. I'm guessing you've done honey and lemon and all the various sore throat sweets, we find Jakemans very good.
Tyrozets were very good too but it seems they have stopped making them. I bought the instant lemon tea and added runny honey to it that helped.
I hope Dave's diabetes settles down quickly.
Glad Rosie is holding her own and enjoying walking and riding.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 09:54 PM
Chris when I was poorly couple of years ago with throat infections etc I found
Covonia Medicated Sore Throat Lozenges helped immensely as well as ice lollies and gargling with salt water as well as holding some in my mouth and swilling it around (think wine tasting)also made sure I rinsed my toothbrush with salt water, and changed it weekly and completely when recovered,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 09:55 PM
Chris also pleased Rosie is doing so well, what do you think has caused the spike in Dave Diabetes?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Chris, you are right, he has a daughter....he doesn't know that I know but she obviously isn't involved with him as his shoes and clothes were falling apart until we bought new and the last time he had Christmas presents was when my nan was alive. I don't really know how she can blame him for not being around ( assuming that's the issue) because he didn't know she existed until 2012. People are actually mortified when I say what he is like and that I sit by his bed when he is on life support and trail to the prisons to visit him....I don't know any different, that's been my life all my life. I have some of the best memories of my life with him but also.....some of the worst, if he is sober, he is great, drunk....well! An incredibly dangerous individual and it takes a lot to get him drunk and a lot to stop him if the need arises.....12 transport police tried to hold him down once. He had the best childhood....was actually ruined because my nans son before him died so Anthony got away with murder, he wasn't suited to school but if you talk to him about the war, he is actually very intelligent, and a huge animal lover. For now, we are in touch for how long,..who knows
Lynn, hope you get the car shifted on quickly
Kazz, hope you enjoyed your pork
Brenda, don't go getting caught screaming!
I am having Christmas with Steve tomorrow evening.... hopefully!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Lynn Brenda I did not realise I was associating with screaming banshee's Love ya both, LOL
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Well, my home remedy for sore throat came from an old guy in a pub, he swore by jam warmed up and then cooled enough to tolerate it in your mouth, gargle and swallow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2023, 10:03 PM
So its Christmas eve now then Griff
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >