Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2023, 01:09 PM

Monday 2/01/2023.

Good afternoon everyone on a bright breezy but chilly day.
Cannot believe I am typing 2023.
Washing on the line for a change, it won't dry thoroughly but will go a long way to drying them on the airer or radiators to finish off.
We are having a quiet day today and we will take the decorations down tomorrow.
All the excitement yesterday with Freya and her walking wore us out.

griff I have a feeling there will be no running except in an absolute emergency.
Chris I hope you are still both slowly recovering from the awful bug.
I hope things are a little quieter for you today.
Kazz I hope you are enjoying your day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2023, 03:22 PM
Lol... don't blame you Lynn, I won't run for anything, never have done!
Currently sat in the walk in centre, water infection I think and can't get a catheter in... hoping sort the infection and then the catheter problem will be solved, if not I think it will be hospital this week...I am starving, the shop at the walk in centre is shit so can't get a.drink or something to eat and nobody but Steve knows I am here
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Good afternoon Lynn and Kelly

Hope you get sorted soon Kelly and you don't have to go to hospital

Please you are having a day at home Lynn. Think my duties may start tomorrow morning but waiting to find out, otherwise tomorrow pm.

Hope things are improving for you and Dave Chris.

Had a nice quiet day. Sister has not gone home, Paul has gone to London so await a phone call to pick up at station and decorations are down and put away.

Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2023, 06:55 PM
Good evening griff and Sue.
Hope you have been seen, sorted and are now home griff.
Hopefully you get a few extra hours Sue tomorrow. Fingers crossed the phone call for a lift isn't too late.
Should Sister of gone home by now ?

Lauren sent the dates Mark has booked some holiday. He had some owing but couldn't use them near Christmas.
WE have 6th till 10th Feb off already have 23rd to 29th Jan off, then we get another break in March 20th to 26th.
We have booked our two nights away from our gift from the 4 of them for Christmas. Ross-on-Wye. Go on the 21st for the first night 22nd my Birthday 2nd night come home on the 23rd.
Goodness knows how much they paid between them the room comes to £150, then we get dinner for one night and breakfast for 2 mornings.
Plus we have the Patisserie Valerie from Mark, Lauren and Freya as thank you gift for all we do.
We are very spoilt.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2023, 07:07 PM
Pleased you had a quiet day Sue but your quiet day is busier than my busy day lol
Apparently I have infection markers in my urine...... it's the first time I haven't been able to put my catheter in so thought I better get some help. I have antibiotics and if it's not better after 5 days I have to go to my GP. I got really angry with the receptionist, I was sat away from the main waiting area and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my name, I checked where I was on the list and she said I had been called at 3.30, I said but I have been sat there....(and pointed to where I was) the whole time, she turned round and said well you should have been sat there and pointed to the cramped main waiting area, I said "excuse me, I am on chemotherapy, I am to avoid busy places and especially crowds of Ill people" she asked had I told them I would be sitting there and was on chemotherapy, I said I had told the other receptionist that I have no immune system and the lad came and picked me up from the quieter seating area and I asked him after he triaged me should I go back and sit in the same place?? He said yes!!!! I asked her could she please just tell the Dr I was in the quiet area? She said no and again tried to make me sit in with the people who are coughing everywhere! I lost my temper and I just said " are you stupid? I have no immune system and been told to avoid crowds and now you are trying to force me to sit in the middle of a load of coughing people" I just pointed to the middle of the walkway and said I will stand there and hopefully I hear the Dr.....I called Steve and said to him what was going on and he just said to stay where I was, not to go anywhere near the crowd...with that, the lady came over and said she had text the Dr and told him where I was waiting... that's all I asked for, why should I have to lose my temper to protect myself and follow instructions from the consultants. Couldn't get my antibiotics as the chemists are closed due to bank holiday....not off to the best start this year lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2023, 09:28 PM
Good evening all

Whoohoo. Somebody has flicked a switch and we are both a good 80% better. I'm not questioning how or why, I'm just so happy to be able to breath a lot better and that the cough has eased one heck of a lot.

This morning, in brilliant sunshine, we managed to get out and Rosie absolutely loved it after her patience in looking after us.

Oh Kelly, that is more than disgusting, it's disturbing. Both flu and covid are running riot and with your problems, you really took a chance even going in. That receptionist wants locking up, she really does. I do hope the meds work for you xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2023, 09:36 PM
Yay Chris, I am so pleased for you. Apparently there's a new COVID that bypasses your immunity even if you are vaccinated....I just read a piece where it says that people should wear masks again and try to avoid going out if Ill or visiting the vulnerable as the NHS are really struggling.
I honestly have no words about my experience today, I called 111 and it said I could go online, when I entered that I couldn't insert my catheter it said contact my GP.... obviously I couldn't so called 111 again and it said a 50 minute wait, I was triaged whilst still waiting in the queue for 111. I am thankful that I got help but a little understanding from the receptionist would have been good
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Oh griff that is very bad. Hope you get the ab's tomorrow and they kick in quickly.
Chris brilliant you are feeling better.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2023, 10:57 PM
Apparently, this covid strain is also bypassing testing. According to the guy we saw, he said it shows on the first 1 to 2 days and then shows negative. He couldn't say for sure what we had as the new flu virus is mimicking covid very closely

I've seen that schools are getting new guidelines again and our hospital has been in crisis twice in the last 10 days We will be wearing masks again for the foreseeable when out and back to disinfecting tables, chairs etc