register for free

Dog News

Much Ado about Calendar Poo!

A disgusted pensioner has kicked up a stink after finding pictures of dog dirt on a council calendar.

Anne Simpson was sickened by the images of pooch poop on May, June and November pages.

The 78-year-old, from Richmond, North Yorkshire, said: "A colourful picture illustrates each month - January is a Christmas tree, February there are pink hearts, March an old sofa, April has cute bunnies and Easter eggs.

"So far so good, so I thought I would have a peek at May's offering - I was greeted by a large dog turd."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...lender-3483980

A good way of reminding anti-social dog owners do pick up after their dogs, or not? I think she would probably be more disgusted if she trod in it!

Your comments and views:
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2014, 08:24 AM
They aren't photos they are cartoon images. And YES - IMHO anything that helps drive home the message is a good thing.

Hey the old lady got her name and photo in the paper for complaining about it and looks quite happy! Daily Mirror must be getting very hard up for stories to feature this so large!

Bet she got the calendar free too! If so I'd be more likely to complain about the council wasting taxpayer money on giving away free calendars!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2014, 08:43 AM
It was in their "Weird News" section though!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top