Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 05:51 AM

Daily thread Tuesday 4th January 2022

Morning all, been awake half the night... again! Having a little flare up again, hopefully will be able to stop it quickly.
I think I am going to see Steve today as unfortunately he is back to work tomorrow, he was booked as annual leave on his days off that he had earnt by doing the lab shifts, we thought they would add the days to the end of his days off.....they usually do but this time, nope! So, he goes in tomorrow does a shift in town and then does the lab Thursday Friday and Saturday so I get to spend some time with Molly again.
I think he enjoyed having his nephew over but was glad to have his own space back, think he will have makenzie next weekend, going to work out expensive as obviously what you do for one....you have to do for the other, so crisps, pop, and takeaway pizza, luckily mum had her home insurance through the meerkat thingy and so it gives you rewards on food and cinema, we get pizzas half price so I offered to order the pizzas ( can't believe people can charge £42 for 2 large pizzas....do people honestly pay that?)
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 08:45 AM
Morning Kelly and all to follow. I pay 67p from Tesco I think it is for a pepperoni pizza. Very yummy. Today is terrier Tuesday as I saw my friendly jack russel he is such a sweetie and when he sees me across the road wags and pulls wanting to see me. I am chuffed that he always recognises me and wants to say hi. His owner is lovely to. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 08:52 AM
Mum gets me the Tesco thin and crispy cheese and tomato but tbf, I like a deep pan, if I go round Steve's we tend to have a takeaway ourselves as neither of us go out anywhere so it's our treat. With his nephew being there, I guess he wanted to spoil him too.
There was an incident 2 minutes away from Steve's..... apparently attempted murder charge, and firearms although the gun wasn't used I believe a knife was... really surprised me as Steve's close is lovely. It's related to an earlier incident where a car was deliberately driven at a teenager who wasn't badly hurt but his dog was....tbf, if he has gone after who hurt his dog... provided there was no serious reason for him to be driven at then I can't blame him for wanting to hurt his dog
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Morning all##

Pizza not my thing but on occasion I get the Iceland wood fired ones lovely.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Afternoon everyone. Cold here went for a walk today done several since losing Dillon somewhere between 3 to 3.5 miles.
First today Gorden back in the cabin working, no Dillon getting excited and wanting his ear rub when Gorden gets in there, or wanting the meat cut offs when I was doing the meat this morning.
All firsts and upsetting till we get use to him not being around.

Iceland and Lidl pizza's here not a great fan but don't mind an Iceland or Lidl pizza.
That's nice brenda the little terrier remembering you.
So much violence griff about these days. Frightening.
Afternoon Kazz.

Keep safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 12:37 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely, sunny morning if a little on the chilly side

We had a flood warning for this morning's tide (and again tonight). Just an overspill warning, but the tide must really have gone out a long way as for the first time the part of the pier that was destroyed in the storms in the 70's could be seen.

I don't like cheese or tomatoes so pizza is a no for me, but Dave loves the 67 pence pizzas from Tescos and is most disgrunted when they supply a more expensive alternative

Same old, same old, but with the addition of watching them build the new extensions to the amusements across the road. Winter entertainment free of charge
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hugs Lynn.

I don't really like pizza but Barry does and can eat a large one to himself

It was nice first thing and then the rain set in. Been busy trying to find a doctor near to where Ben is living. Nightmare only one seems to be taking on new patients so have arranged to go and collect the necessary forms for him to fill in but he will have to find the time to return them. Also finding a NHS dentist. Apparently they have to take children but not adults. The girls are now registered with one but Ben will have to stay with the one he already uses. With all the new housing being built in the area they will have to find GPs from somewhere or no one will get the health care they need.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2022, 03:01 PM
Hope the flood warning is just a precaution Chris.
Sue it's the same everywhere I think all this building and only so called affordable housing which isn't affordable to so many and the infrastructure requirements needed are not being met so dentists, Doctors surgeries and schools are overflowing.

Thank you for the hugs guessing many more days similar to today and previous days are still to come.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2022, 09:16 PM
We're still here and not paddling past the time of the high tide Lynn so yes it was precautionary. We get anything from none at all to 6 or 7 during the winter. Only one worrying one in the 15 years we've lived here, but nothing came of that one either which is just as well as my ankle was in plaster at the time and we'd have never got out