Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2021, 07:35 AM

Murky Monday 27/12/21

Morning all.
Once again another damp day here but not so cold.
Murky for so many reasons today. Michael returns to Madrid and a week since we had t let Dillon go.
Had a nice day yesterday with Michael, Lauren, Mark and Freya.
When I was in the kitchen alone Mark came in to ask how I was doing and of course the tears flowed, he was holding Freya and he was hugging me and she reached out put her arms on me best as she can at 5 months old and put her face against mine as if she knew I was sad.
Apart from some crying here and there and feeling so sad Christmas went quite well and I needed the boys and their hugs more so this year.
We will be seeing Michael onto the train at Stanstead at about 10.20 am then coming home and getting the car and off to Ikea in MK.
It's always hard when he goes back but harder this year and no reason to be home and pottering and tidying.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and no major worries or upsets.
This time next week will be a New Year lets hope for a much kinder New Year for all.
In the meantime keep well and stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 08:32 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

As you say Lynn hard for you but having your family around was good. Good luck in Ikea.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday. We managed to get a walk along the beach in the afternoon and the girls were enjoying picking up shells. We found some very nice ones. It was lovely having nearly all the family together for once

I have managed to get Teazle out before it started raining hard. Have to take some shoes back to Asda as too big and then we have to try and buy a couple of jumpers for school and some plimsoles that fit. Why does Ben leave everything to the last minute! Then it will be sewing names tapes on this week too.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Oooh Happy belated Birthday Sue.
Well I think everyone till the last minute is a man thing.
Not looking for anything in particular but I am thinking it might be crowded.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 10:15 AM
Morning all. Have a good day. I am going to just watch stuff I missed yesterday as watched the other side. Death in Paradise calls so I will say ta ta. Tomorrow is Temptation Tuesday. Yep I will be indulging as it will be another day older for me. Not a year as some people say. I am going to reverse the number again this time. lol!! byee.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 11:32 AM
I agree...last minute is a man thing!! It drives me absolutely bloody mental...I have to organise myself and then you have Steve unable to make up his mind if we will go for a meal or not!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 12:35 PM
Nope Margaret is just as bad.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Good afternoon all.

Very murky day here too, but thankfully no rain.

Our regular cafe is closed until Wednesday so tried the one across the road. £16 for two breakfasts. Hubby needed oxygen when told how much . We usually pay £8.50 for two.

Ah well, we'll go on another cafe hunt tomorrow and try out another one.

Happy birthday for tomorrow Brenda (in case I forget). Hope you indulge away to your hearts content xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 02:22 PM
Bloody hell Chris!!! Bit of a difference in prices
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2021, 05:18 PM
Not long back from Ikea managed to get a cupboard I have been after for a while for the kitchen this one is a like a mini dresser and better than some I have seen online but a bit more expensive.
We will be putting it together tomorrow and catching up with washing towels and sheets, Michael bless him has stripped the bed for me.
Bit busy in the Ikea cafe so we found a Dobbies nearby for a cuppa and cake.
Its a 3 hour round trip to Milton Keynes but gives us something to do and we don't have the worry of Dillon anymore so we don't get stressed at queues or traffic now.
We wouldn't of attempted it before without someone around or popping in.

Wow Chris what a difference in price.
Are the neighbours quieter today griff ?
How did the shoe exchange go Sue ?
Happy Birthday for tomorrow brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2021, 05:25 PM
Pleased you had a good day Lynn
Well, so far they have been quiet, I went off to bed last night and the mother went off last night and nearly ran someone over....I swear she drives drunk! Then she obviously had retrieved the daughter from wherever the heck she had stomped off to ( probably her dad's house) and then they must have slammed the boot about 8 times and the car doors about 6 and that was gone midnight
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >