Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2021, 06:12 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday. 23rd December, 2021

Good morning everyone, not long now to the big day. Not looking forward to my echocardiogram tomorrow but lets get it over and done with.

Have a good day everyone get the rest of that shopping done and in the meantime stay safe and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Morning Moyra good luck for tomorrow.

Wet here Michael arriving from Madrid tonight really looking forward to seeing him.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2021, 09:41 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Thinking of you for tomorrow Moyra

Hope Michael has a good flight over. It will be nice having the family around you for Christmas Lynn

Dull here but dry. Went to Ben's yesterday evening as he wanted to put some things up in the loft but we ended up installing a new letter box, new lights in the bathroom and ensuite, number of house on wall by front door and making up his chest of drawers for his bedroom. The loft will wait until another day. I also came home with a bag of washing of the girls which is now blowing nicely on the line. To answer your statement Kelly I get bored with nothing to do so can always find something

Hope all are well. Take care.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-12-2021, 10:56 AM
What Sue means if she sits still she gets an itchy a*se.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2021, 09:23 PM
Lol...bless you Sue, it wouldn't do if we were all the same
Good luck for tomorrow Moyra
Lynn, hope you have a wonderful time with Michael
One extra dinner to do here, mums friends Dil has COVID, she's a nurse on a cancer ward and second time of her having it...so, mum is cooking Maz's dinner and dad will take that, Andrew will have to take me to Steves.
Had an eventful day...went out to fetch mine and my nice neighbours bin back, horrible neighbour came out ( she leaves her bin out for more than a week usually) anyway, I had just put our bin back when the gate started opening so I walked off to my garden, I heard her say my name but decided my deafness was worse than usual lol. She called me and started saying that we needed to talk, "she" doesn't want any problems and she didn't want to fight or argue...lol. I told her to go away and not to speak to me, I wasn't interested in anything she had to say, she then starts on about how she has a card for me.... it's from my family....wonder how she knows it's my family?? I just said I wasn't bothered, she then started saying something about the landlords.....I just said I didn't care, I wasn't interested in anything she had to say and to go away and leave me alone, she said I had to go back and get my card....I just said to chuck it in the bin, chuck it over the fence I really didn't care, then she tried the water works lol..... doesn't work on me as I am a hard little sod at the best of times and if I don't like you...well!! Anyway, I came back in the house...I hadn't even sworn at her and believe me, she deserved to be knocked out for her behaviour! I was just telling my mum and nice neighbour what had been said and there was a bang on the wall, I settled the dogs, then there was another bang on the wall, so I settled the dogs again, then another bang on the wall....I didn't bother shouting.
We think that the landlords have either told her they are evicting her or they have said she has to sort it out...thing is though, her daughter's behaviour hasn't stopped, the music can be heard in the street, the door banging affects three houses and obviously, she is as bad as the daughter. My nice neighbour said that she probably thought I was the softest one out of the family...lol, got that one very very wrong. The 3 owners are all on the same page and the lad at the end wants her evicted, I don't care if she stays so long as she's quiet but I won't speak to her.....I think she's got the idea now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 12:17 AM
Hi all

I suppose this should go on tomorrow's 'day' but hey ho

Moyra good luck tomorrow/today. I hope everything goes well and the results are good for you

Lynn, hope Michael has now arrived and settled in. Lovely to have family around.

Sue, you've been busy again. It makes me tired just listening to your list of jobs.

My sister (who is 88 - 89 in July) has Covid. I badgered her into phoning 119 for the antiviral tablets. They said they would send a test kit and when she'd done it she had to 'phone again and they would collect it. She should hear the next day if that is also positive. Then she has to phone them again and they'll send out the drugs. As it's Christmas, me thinks by the time she's done all that, she'll either be in hospital or will be over it <sigh>

So far she has had a sore throat with mucus collecting in it so coughing like mad and the headache kept her up all last night. Fingers crossed, that's the worst she will be, but we are all naturally worried.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 01:01 AM
Awwww no Chris, I really really hope that this is a bad as it gets for her. Mum, myself and Steve have had test kits sent to us through the post....mum and I had an email explaining that they would send it and if positive we would be contacted to get treatment, Steve's was a surprise so I can only assume it's because he is a registered carer for me. We were a bit annoyed with his work, he started on Tuesday with a headache, aches and sniffles, he wasn't sure what to do but as the test was there...he used it, he called work and explained he had symptoms, had taken a PCR test and didn't know if he still had to go to work........he was told yes!!!! As he is double jabbed, I said that wasn't right and call 119, the people there said absolutely not, he stays home until he gets his results...if it's negative, free to go, if not isolate and test on day 6 and he needed 2 negative lateral flow tests to be able to go back to work etc.... We don't know if it was a misunderstanding or if it was deliberate but their attitude when he said he had taken advice.....they said "oh well if you have had advice then you best stay home" no wonder it's spreading quickly