Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 04:47 PM

She's special!

Both my dogs are
I run into the receptionst at our vets this morning,she was selling poppies so stopped for a quick chat.
She asked after Meg,she always does,and asked if she was ok after her recent illness.

She said what a fighter she was,bouncing back from Pyo, and her tummy bug which saw her on a drip for 24 hours she was that poorly, then went on to comment how nicely natured she was and how she's a special girl She has a soft spot for Meg,when she has been kept in overnight she always goes to give her a fuss and say hello to her

She said staffies are fab dogs and it's very unusal to see an aggressive one,she said working in the vets they see all breeds and labs are the worst offenders for been aggressive,must admit that suprized me a little.
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
From my experience it is not the fact that breeds like labradors are more aggressive as such....it is just that it is not expected. This means that people feel more relaxed around these "gentle" breeds and they behave differently around them and are less guarded. Also if a breed like a labrador were to be aggressive it goes against commmon belief so it is more likely to stick in some ones mind.

Whereas with a breed like staffie....a lot of people think that they are ferocious, blood seeking beasts....so are far more cautious around them and are less likely to provoke a reaction as they may fear what could happen.

I have owned both of these breeds by the way, so I am not taking sides....
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I agree with the above - you can have the softest breed of dog and when they snap people are really shocked by it. Like I'd be shocked if Sadie ever turned round and snapped at anyone.