Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 08:02 AM

Our Agility Weekend

On Saturday we went to the C-Side Agility show at the Golden Cross Equestrian Centre, they hold 3 shows over winter, one in November, one in January and the last one in March, and all dogs that get clear rounds and placed are given points and the top few dogs are in a final in the March show, we went to the Nov. show and Jack got eliminated in everything, to be fair most of it was handler error, but Jack could have got his contacts, but no, he went up the dog walk, looked at the judge, did a double take, realized it wasn't his usual trainer and took off like a rocket on his own course

The Jan. show on Saturday was a completly different story, both Chris and Sue (their trainer) have worked really hard on his contact problem, and it paid off, he had four runs, in the starters jumping he got clear and placed 14th, in the starters agility he went clear (whoohoo ) and came 10th, and the open jumping he went clear and came 9th, not bad out of 170something dogs in each class, but once again in the open agility, fun took over and he missed his contacts, bless, he just couldn't help himself

Then last night Chris got a text from the trainer to let him know that Jack had qualified for the final way to go Jack , there are only 16 dogs in the final I am so proud of the little chap the only down side is the final is over an agility course which means contacts me thinks a lot more contact training is in order, Sue, Sue..............SUE, anyone seen our trainer
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Congratulations, that is a really good achievement

Loved the idea of Jack just doing his own course though - I guess he was just having so much fun

good luck for March
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Way to go Jack! Well done on your achievement, you must be sooo proud. Let us know how you get on in the final.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
well done, that is really great!
I love it when they do their own thing
Frustraiting if its your dog but I rem the 1st comp I went to (last year) and I was so nervous I was going to pull out thinking we were just not good enough, then a dog did an off course zoomie and was just having so much fun I figured I would give it a go - and we got 3 clear rounds!!
loverpup
New Member!
Female 

20-02-2009, 10:28 AM
well done brill jack
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Have only jsut seen this - well done Jack and Chris - excellent result