View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Roger
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-02-2006, 07:11 PM
The Houses of Parliament are exempt from the ban as they are classed as a Palace (Palace of Westminster).
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Roger
The Houses of Parliament are exempt from the ban as they are classed as a Palace (Palace of Westminster).
Do you need an assistant then?
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Why on earth can't we just have smoking and non-smoking establishments? Then everyone would have the freedom to choose where they go.

I have no problem with banning smoking in family oriented venues such as bowling alleys and likewise for resteraunts. BUT pubs are and should remain the domain of adults, able to chose whether they want to go to the smoking pub and indulge in a bit of LEGAL drinking/smoking or not.

As others have said - either make smoking illegal and find some other ways of obtaining all that lost tax, or find a compromise.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 08:13 PM
i vote for Roger......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 08:38 PM
You've got my vote too Roger!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Willow
I'm not a smoker, but I dont support the ban 100% I think it's a good idea in principle but I think perhaps a bit too controlling, I think that people have a right to smoke and if they want to, why should they be banned from going in public places ? I think smoking inside restaurants cafes etc should be banned but say if you are at a outside event that is classified as a 'public space' then I think people should be allowed to smoke.
I disagree! Public space is for everyone. I've been in a public space, only to have cigarette smoke blow in my face. Why should I (or anyone) have to put up with that ?

As to the mess they create - cigarette butts scattered around, cigarette boxes littering the place ....

Smokers probably pay enough as it is, through taxes and early death - perhaps special 'smoker's conveniences' should be built. These could be small buildings/rooms where smoking is allowed but where the air is purified before venting to atmosphere. At least by doing this it won't drive 'secret smokers' underground, inadvertently causing fires when they smoke in the cleaner's cupboard
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Well it took me YEARS to finally kick the weed but i done it 14 months ago , and feel as positive as ever , and i agree i hate coming home with my clothes reeking of smoke,...............but i dont feel anybody has the right to tell anybody else not to smoke surly thats a personal choice is'nt it ?and i think allof you who like me have given it up will agree that you can only do it when your ready , not when your told , so i suppose im sort of 50/50 on this .
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2006, 11:27 PM
in response to Hevvur ... I dont take my cigs out shopping with me , or anywhere else , i rarely smoke in public , my point was as someone else mentioned , it is a drug and very addictive and some people do get very narky without a smoke, while under the influence of alchohol the chances of becomeing violent are greatly increased ... im all for the ban, but not in pubs / nightclubs where you always get the idiots wanting to fight over nothing anyway just because they cant handle there drink (maybe thats just in glasgow pubs/clubs, who knows lol)
Harry's Dad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Sorry but, please don't castrate me for this, I am a smoker.

However I do support a ban. I have been an ex smoker in the past (for up to 18 months at a time) and know its disgusting. I keep trying.

I would like to see cigarettes themselves banned, for the sake of my 10yr old daughter and all other children who may go on to smoke.

Smokers are a dying breed - literally.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by Harry's Dad
Sorry but, please don't castrate me for this, I am a smoker.

However I do support a ban. I have been an ex smoker in the past (for up to 18 months at a time) and know its disgusting. I keep trying.

I would like to see cigarettes themselves banned, for the sake of my 10yr old daughter and all other children who may go on to smoke.

Smokers are a dying breed - literally.

Totally agree, I have recently quit and when I see a fag I want one, it is a very difficult habit to break. If cigarettes were out of circulation I think I would find it a lot easier.
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »