Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 12:30 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 12th March.2019

I couldn't sleep so decided to open the thread now, Hello everyone. I hope you and your lovely four legged friends are ok. I have been listening to the PM in Strasbourg and it is depressing me. Lets leave with or without a deal, lets get it sorted and save our money and get out now.

If you disagree with me please tell me and why. I am open to discuss this without any bad feeling. I am now off to bed having tried to sleep already. Goodnight, God bless, catch up with you in the morning when the weather is suppose to be foul! Stay safe and well. God bless all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you managed to get some sleep Moyra.

Wet and windy here but has stopped raining. Managed to get my walk in without getting too wet just a little damp round the edges. Have the dentist for a check up this morning so a good blow along the seafront is on the cards

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Very windy here again today and threatening rain to.
Had our walk and have to pop over to Huntingdon to pick up some fence railings for the front garden so we can let Dillon out there they are on reserve so have to get them by close of business today and don't want to lose them they seem very popular.
Not looking forward to the drive in the windy conditions.

Moyra I didn't vote due to the fact I would of voted to vote Cameron out and that wasn't the the issue.
If I voted now it would be remain. There are so many things we do gain from being in the EU and I think the only reason we get so badly done by is we have weak leaders running our country.
Other countries have leaders with b*lls and will stand up to the EU. Also people here are so downtrodden and afraid for their jobs unlike the French we no longer stick up for the worse off or for what we say we believe in we all kowtow to the government in power at the time.
We need to be a bit more like the French I think maybe not so extreme but not afraid to stick for what's right for us and others.
Hope you manage a nanny nap later Moyra.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Morning all
Moyra...I had a bad night too, it was partly the wind and partly stuff on my mind
It's absolutely chucking it down here...let the dogs out for the toilet and the back porch was full of water lol...at least they didn't mess about today
Need to try and get an appointment with the nice nurse at the practice
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Got my appointment, next Tuesday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2019, 12:27 PM
That's good griff. The appointment not the porch.

Well made it to and back from picking up the railings. Very windy and could feel the car pull at times there are some very long roads with open fields for miles and lorries coming the other way are a bit hair raising in this weather.
Stopped at the local Tesco to get some bits and the heavens opened I was soaked through so had to get in and change before sorting the shopping.
Enjoying a nice pain au chocolat and a coffee now.
Very grateful for a warm comfortable home and dry clothes and food.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Good afternoon all.

It is awful here with the really heavy rain. Even had to change my knickers because they were wet through when we got back - an NO, I am not incontinent

The tumble dryer is taking a hammering as Dave has a hospital appointment this afternoon so we have to go back out. As it's for his eyes and he can't drive afterwards, Rosie and me have to go with him so I can drive back.

Daughter had an abnormal smear test come back last week. She had a colposcopy yesterday and they removed a fair bit of deep seated stuff that was causing concern. That's now gone off for analysis so it's a tense 4 week wait for the results.

In my view, the people spoke when the referendum results came in. It wasn't the best of three and the result should have determined a timely withdrawal. If this goes to another referendum, you can guarantee that the Scots will follow with another of their own for independence. If Brexit is yet again delayed, it will cost one billion pound per month. If the deal on the table (however good or bad that may be) is thrown out, then we should leave without a deal in my opinion. That is the only option that would comply with the previous result which should have been binding
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Hope the appointment goes well this afternoon Chris and that the weather cheers up a bit.
Thankfully my knickers were spared in the soaking.

Sorry to hear about daughter I had this a few years back and all was well after treatment. Hope it's the same for your daughter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Chris, I hope your daughter will be o.k. that's one reason I need to speak to the nurse, I am late for my smear but being on the pill is bringing major issues with regards going at the right time.
Sorry to hear you both got soaked...I have to walk to the chemist...it's not far but not pleasant in this weather
I got diagnosed with a ganglion on my wrist but now there are other lumps appearing on it and one on my foot too, I am going to ask the nurse about them and hopefully she will get me in to see my nice gp....if she hasn't left!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope the appointment goes well this afternoon Chris and that the weather cheers up a bit.
Thankfully my knickers were spared in the soaking.

Sorry to hear about daughter I had this a few years back and all was well after treatment. Hope it's the same for your daughter.
It was just a routine appointment. He goes every 6 months. I don't really know why because they can't treat it. They tried with injections but they didn't make any difference apart from he had 3 or 4 days discomfort a month. The initial lazer treatment fared a bit better in that it stopped the bleeding at the back of his eye, but there's no need for any more of that
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >