Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Why Dogsey is a special place...

I was recommended to come here after a bad experience on another site. We had just gotten Cassie who is our first dog together and neither of us had a puppy in many years so were very green around the gills.
I asked for advice on this other site and was basically treated extremely badly and made to feel stupid for asking.
I came here and have never looked back since.
My lasting first memory of Dogsey is my introduction post and the amount of welcomes and offers of assistance I received from members. Our introduction thread is one of the best things about Dogsey. We all strive to make newbies feel welcome.
There are people here who I genuinely consider friends even though I have never met them. Dogsey members laugh with each other and cry with each other. When something happens to one of us, it happens to all of us.
Just think about our greatest loss, Shadowboxer and how the Dogsey members came together with donations for her family in Australia
That was the most amazing thing I have ever been involved in. More recently, the sad losses of some of our members fur babies. Everyone rallied round to give words of support and shoulders to cry on. You only have to read these threads to realise what a special place Dogsey is.
So here's to Dogsey, long may it live on. It is a huge part of all of our lives. Well done to Azz and the admin team, you have made it what it is!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Hear hear!
I returned to a site yesterday that I used to be involved with a lot, out of curiosity. Without mentioning what is now going on there now, suffice it to say I won't bother again.
This is the place to be!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I agree with Wufflehoond and Deccy what a special place Dogsey is, I am so glad to be a member of such a wonderful and friendly site. Thanks Dogsey ......
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
:smt038 To all of the above.

I love it on here everyone is so nice and helpful, anything you want to know there is always someone to help out.
Thanks to everyone you all make Dogsey.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 08:58 PM
There is a definate bond on here with most of us. I agree Jackie, it takes years to build up friendships like this, but moments on Dogsey.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes I agree with Luz. Friends are made on Dogsey in seconds, and when the chips are down, everyone rushes to help. It is a wonderful forum. We laugh together and cry together. We rejoice in what is right and good and not in what is wrong. We help where we can and how we can. There is such a community spirit on here it is breathtaking. I for one would like to thank all of you for being my best friends ever!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:28 AM
I just think it's a lovely, safe place to come. Losing Mo has been so hard and I just wanted to come on here and tell all of you about it because I knew you'd understand.
I see it as a giant, friendly dog walk, you know when you meet up with like minded dog people, get talking ,the dogs play and you realise half the day has gone? It's like that but you can eat and have coffee etc too and it doesn't matter if it rains.
It truly is a special place and I personally can't thank you all enough for how you have helped me through the last 2 weeks. I was only thinking last night about the number of friends I have on here. It's not just the threads, its the PMs (thanks all) and the rep points, that others don't see, that add to the bond.
Dogsey is about all of us and we should all be very proud of it, it is a fantastic place to be and its members are brilliant.
Thanks all and hugs. Ax
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 06:55 AM
I have to say of all the dog boards I've been on in the 7 years I've been on the net, this is by far and away the best.
It's moderated properly, in accordance with the TOS rather than the moderators like or dislike of the person/subject (I've actually been banned from one site because I'm pro chipping ) If things get out of hand you get sent a warning rather than just automatically banned with no explanation, plus whilst we all have our own opinions that may vary wildly and be on 'opposing' sides it seems a lot easier here to respect other peoples opinions and roll along together than on other sites.
Also the members here don't judge so harshly and try to educate, I know some posts stimulate a 'heavy' response but I have to say in most cases it is justified and the response is usually done in an appropriate manner.
May we continue to spread the word lol!
Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I'd just like to add that I have now decided to become a 'supporter' albeit only a silver one but I don't have a lot of money at the mo lol!
If you love this site, then why not become a supporter it's only 12 quid for a year!
Becky
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I spend more time on here each day than i do doing anything else. sometimes i think i need to turn off my laptop and think more about my house and OH . but each time I'm dragged back to see what my friends have posted. i enjoy every second spent on here and would be at a total loss if i couldn't visit at least four (ok 10 ) times a day.
i have made many friends on Dogsey some i have chatted with on the phone and others who i haven't. i have learnt many things about other breeds of dogs that otherwise i would never have known.
I think Azz and the team deserve a massive
THANK YOU!!!!
Dogsey is the best Forum on the internet and that's no small feat!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >