Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 11:01 PM

Professional Deep Cleaning To Restore Your Oven

... was just wondering as this appears to be really popular at the moment, with lots of recommendations.

Have you had this done ? and what were the results...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Hi Tracy. I had my oven cleaned last year, although not professionally.........he was just a guy out to make some extra money so started cleaning cookers. He didn't use any harmful chemicals on it, just elbow grease. It came up lovely. I had a £5 off voucher so got it done for £20 instead of £25. That's for just one oven though. It now needs cleaning again.......I may do it my self - then again..
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes, I have, it's called ME!!!

Seriously, I've never had my oven professionally cleaned. I use oven pride to clean my oven, and it comes up a treat
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 01:36 PM
That's the same as mine then Wolfie, I used it this morning funnilly enough!! All sparkly and clean. It's that roast lamb that does it in I think!

However, if I'd have known there were people about who would have done the job for me I certainly would have got one in! I don't let mine get too bad nowadays though, so I usually do it every month, and it's only used Sundays coz I've got a small worktop oven that I use all week

If he's good, send him round in a month or so please Tracy
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 02:57 PM
My oh is a terrific cook but an awful cleaner coming tomorrow so will let you know
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok the guy came and was here for nearly 3 hours and the results are fantastic!! The glass doors are like mirrors, the oven is like new, and all the racks are sparkly!

Money well worth spent, so if anyone local would like their details just pm me...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes, but that's how miiiiiiine is anyway after I cleaned it!!!!!

Much better to have sat there and watched somebody else do it though!! I really like this idea Tracy, so now i'm gonna let mine get as dirty as I want in future knowing help is at hand! The very best part for me will be watching someone slaving away for 3 hours whilst I slowly sip me tea! Perfect!

p.s. spotted a nice little Per Una jacket (beige sheepskin with gingery fur trim) in a 2nd hand shop in Broadwater this morning, just had to pop in and buy it!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 08:37 PM
oh gawd, are we supposed to clean them?

I just wait til the sides get so thick with gunge that i cant get anything on the shelves, then ditch it and buy a new one.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, but that's how miiiiiiine is anyway after I cleaned it!!!!!

Much better to have sat there and watched somebody else do it though!! I really like this idea Tracy, so now i'm gonna let mine get as dirty as I want in future knowing help is at hand! The very best part for me will be watching someone slaving away for 3 hours whilst I slowly sip me tea! Perfect!

p.s. spotted a nice little Per Una jacket (beige sheepskin with gingery fur trim) in a 2nd hand shop in Broadwater this morning, just had to pop in and buy it!
Best of all it was a guy doing it, who was very nice! Took sacks of clothes to "Mind" this week - had a massive clearout! too big and too not for me darling!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
oh gawd, are we supposed to clean them?

I just wait til the sides get so thick with gunge that i cant get anything on the shelves, then ditch it and buy a new one.
I very nearly went that route as the cooker must be 5 or more years old.... and they don't last like they used too!!
I will give that a go after Xmas when it has gunged up again