Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 02:14 PM

Organ Donation

2 Years ago my Sister Died having a operation to remove a Brain Tumour , she was only 40 she left behind a Lovely Husband and 2 young Daughters 6/7.

As she had a Brain tumour at 8 and had to have lots of Blood/plasma transfusions for a great deal of her live, she never ever thought she would be suitable to Donate her organs when she Died.

She always wanted to be a blood Donor but was never allowed which did sadden her a great deal.

Anyway when we were told she would never wake up again and where asked if we would be willing to Donate her Organs we were shocked, but told her Organs where just as good as the next person.She had been fit,never smoked(unlike her sister )

Today we got a Letter to say she has Just saved her tenth Life a 3 year old little Girl.

Losing her will never stop Hurting,but the fact that 10 people are alive today because of what Lol has done for them helps so much. 90% of the people she saved were young children that are now for the First time in there little life's are having a normal life.She would be over the moon I'm 100% sure of that.

The point of this little note is if your a not already on the Donation Register why dont you have a look at there web site and maybe sign up. I know nobody likes to think of a loved one Dieing or yourself,but it has brought so much comfort to us that Lols Death was not a total waste and in a way a little bit of her still lives on. I dont normaly talk about personal issues on webs sites ,but I feel the more people know about how much comfort it has brought to my family the more people are liklely to join up.http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/h...me_a_donor.jsp
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 02:54 PM
OMG Amie I am so sorry you lost your sister. I cannot imagine the pain this has caused your family. This post is an inspiration and I will definitely look into signing up in this country. It is so lovely to think that your sister has saved so many lives. Nic xx
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Amie I think it's great that you have managed to turn something so sad into an opportunity to help others. I've always known that I want to donate my organs when my time comes but i'm not actually registered. I'm gonna do it this minute. Thank you.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi Amie

I too think its an amazing thing to be able to do - I am already registered but its a very inspiring story so thankyou for sharing it with us.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 08:12 PM
It's a great story and I too wanted to donate but have now registered and told my family to ensure my wishes are carried out.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 08:26 PM
they can have what they want from me, but not sure if ill be suitable as im on loads of meds.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2006, 08:38 PM
awww Amie i really feel for you for loosing your sister,but do take comfort that she has left a special legacy on the world which is worth more than any amount of money-life.

Its stories like yours which always make me glad im a registered donor.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I have been on the register for quite a few years now, something I planned to do from a young age, so as soon as I was 18 I did. It is when I hear of people like your sister, and you and your family, that I get extra confirmation it is the right thing to do. You have suffered terrible sadness, but at the same time must have such a sense of joy at what your sister is still able to do. Amazing, truly amazing.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry for your loss

I'm a blood and organ donor. I'd like to think that I can help someone else after I've gone.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 09:15 AM
You're an incredible person to be able to see the positive in this situation. I only hope I could be as strong as you and your family if I were to lose someone so close in such a tragic way.

ps. I am registered
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >