register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you for or against organ donation? (Please explain reasons on your choice)
Yes I'm for it and am an organ donor. 52 68.42%
Yes I'm for it, but too scared to be one. 9 11.84%
No I'm not for it and am not an organ donor. 4 5.26%
Other....... 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Im an organ donor and have been for years. I agree at the end of the day once you're dead i dont think you're going to need them! Also i think about how much grief and sadness there would (i hope) be when i die and that by giving my 'no longer needed' organs to someone else how much happiness and joy it could bring another family rather than have two families suffering just because i wanted to hang on to my organs when i died lol. I think it might bring my family a little comfort to know that someone else might live even though i had died..... Its always a sad situation but if something good can come out of it i think its worth doing x
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 07:25 AM
I am an organ donor, but have listed specific organs. I am just a bit funny about having my eyes and skin taken. I know it is probably really stupid, but that is just how I feel. I am not sure anything else will be much good, as I have smoked heavily since I was 18!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
I would love to be an organ donor, and give blood, but I don't think I can, as I am recovering from cancer
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I've always been for it. Now I'm older and weaker (!) I'm not sure there's anything left that would be of any use - however, they're welcome to it!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Oops voted for the wrong one - I should have voted for yes I am for it but too scared to be one but voted for the one below Yes I know its a wonderful idea but I can't get my head round somebody pinching my organs when I die and I know that I couldn't volunteer my kids as donors either. Perhaps if I knew someone personally that had had a transplant and had lived an improved life after I might feel differently, I don't know
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm a registered donor & have been since it all started & TBH I think it should be an opt out rather than an opt in & also if you want your organs etc used then no one should be able to gainsay that they are should ot should not be used.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I carry a card, so does Kev. I have recently registered on the register online too. I have no need for my organs once I am gone, but if they can be of use to others I want them used. I also think it could be a comfort to those left behind to know their loved one has helped another despite their death, and they live on in some way.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
This is a good thread and I hope that it might help me to come to a descion about organ donation.. I am for it ... but only where others are concerned I think that it should be an opt out situation and that all that can be harvested should... just not from me or mine?!?!? I really don't know why I feel like that, I'm not scared.. its just .. I don't know.. a violation? I don't know ..as I say I hope this thread will help me come to a conclusion

Rachel
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by darasa
This is a good thread and I hope that it might help me to come to a descion about organ donation.. I am for it ... but only where others are concerned I think that it should be an opt out situation and that all that can be harvested should... just not from me or mine?!?!? I really don't know why I feel like that, I'm not scared.. its just .. I don't know.. a violation? I don't know ..as I say I hope this thread will help me come to a conclusion

Rachel
Hi Rachel

Did your son ever need a blood transfusion when he was ill?

I had about 12, and know that if it wasn't for donors, I wouldn't be alive now.

I'd hope that if I ever fell ill, and needed an organ, that one would become available, and give me a second chance.

As I said above - not sure if I can donate, have looked through the websites before, but can never find anything on it - I would deffinately donate if I could, and give someone else a second chance, as i've had mine
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I have made it very clear to my family that I want my organs to be donated. As far as I'm concerned, they can take anything that might be of use to someone else.

I know a couple of people (one of them just a child) who wouldn't be here today and enjoying a full and happy life if it weren't for the generosity of others and I'd like to maybe give someone that chance too

I'm a blood donor too
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »