Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 06:07 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 13th June, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Harvey how are you doing with your oxygen problem, hope you are coping ok.

Have a good day every, keep warm and dry and above all things safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Guess what raining again.

Walking Dillon in a bit looks like we will get wet again, then got to pop a test in the post for Dillon. He had been scraping nails and taking the odd stumble so I sent off for some cheek swabs to send back to test for degenerative myelopathy. Nothing much we can do if he does show as positive for it but we will now what we will be facing in the next few years.
He has been a lot better though after changing his Julius k9 harness which has a strap that goes across his chest for a y harness so maybe that it is the problem.
Time will tell.

Moyra so sorry the move doesn't seem to be working out in your favour. Especially if Steve could of moved with you to.
I agree with Kazz this isn't helping your health a healthy mind does help towards a healthy body.
It's such a shame you feel have no fight left.
I know Steve is your son but it is sounding like he needs a good up the proverbial it's bullying what he is doing. Sending a hug hope that helps a little.

Everyone else hope you and four legged friends are well and not to soggy.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

I agree with the others in that Steve needs telling it is your place and he is lucky you took him in. It is time for you to relax and not have so much worry.

Hope you manage to get Dillon out without getting wet and that his test comes back negative.

Out early with Teazle and half way into the walk the heavens opened and with no shelter we got home looking like drowned rats. Still hair dryer out and now both dry. Have managed to get out and dead head some roses but it is now raining again

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Morning Sue. Thank you.
Sorry you and Teazle got so wet if this stops I will stroll down to the post office if not I will be popping down in the car.
Dillon didn't want to go far over the park did his business and headed for home.
He is now, laying watching the birds through the patio door with an old dressing gown draped over him to dry him off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Morning all, it has rained here but it's stopped now.
Just ordered the switch for my dad's car...£141, never buy a classic lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Thanks everyone for your support. I really do not know what to do for the best. I don't think I could have gone for that place yesterday as they wanted all the paperwork completed and with them today not just mine but Steve's Bank Statements as well and there was no way he was going to come up with it and I felt that they were pushing it expecting it all tied up in 48 hours and a moving date of 26th June if property was fit for habitation.
Sounds as though it may have been neglected and some old person died there. Also there was no room for my washing machine in the kitchen apparently, well I am not using communal washing machines. So I have refused it and told them I will apply when I see something that suits me. I have only been on their housing list for 20+ years. I am resigned now to try and nag Steve into wanting to move out to somewhere of his own.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Lynn, do hope Dillon will be ok. It sounds worrying!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2019, 11:36 AM
That doesn't sound ideal then Moyra but maybe start planting the seed with Steve that if something suitable does come along you will be seriously considering a move.

Dillon is fine thank you Moyra we have had a few nail scraping incidents and some stumbling very slight but noticeable. Saying that since changing his harness it has been less so who knows maybe the strap was as some vets say hampering his free movement. I watched a video and decided to change.
We have decided to do the DM test for our own peace of mind really chances are he is clear or a carrier if a carrier he would not be mated not that he was intended for that in the end due to his elbows and back paw issues, which is what this stumbling and scraping of nails could be. Also it does link to the DM. There is no pain with it it slowly paralyses them Ollie had this but the rare gene in his neck.
His stress came from all the other problems that went alongside it.
We would just like to rule it in or out so we know what we are facing if it is positive and that we will be facing that possibility.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 12:14 PM
How long does it take for the swabs to come back Lynn and I am guessing it's a condition that gets managed but not treated with medication?
Moyra, that property may not have been the right fit but if you are offered another I think you need to put yourself and Amber first, if you say needed to go into a care home or something like that, would Steve be able to pay the rent on his own where you are and would the landlady allow him to stay? If he can't afford the rent on his own, really he should be looking to sort his situation out so he has somewhere of his own that he can afford.
Absolutely pelting down here.... again! Think the dogs will be getting a quick walk again
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Awww, I really hope it was the harness that was the big issue
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >