Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 06:46 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 8th June, 2019

Good morning everyone. Have a good day all, stay safe and well. I have to do something about my car today! I trust all your four legged friends and yourselves of course are all ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2019, 08:04 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Horrible wet day here and blustery. Shame as it is our town carnival today our neighbours and the girls are in the parade.
We were going to walk down unless it has a change of heart re: this horrible weather we won't be. Checked the forecast and it is meant to be like all day but better tomorrow. Typical.

Moyra have you tried googling mot centres near you ? Good luck with getting it sorted.
griff enjoy the market and I hope Steve is more sensible about trainers today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 08:16 AM
Good morning all.
Im here but only just, I had another horrible fall last night. In the kitchen on the hard stone floor. I couldnt get up, Pepsi ran away into the lounge frightened. I had to press my emergency alarm and they called Paul who came with my sister in law to help me.
Today Im stiff and in quite a bit of pain in my shoulder and hip.
Lovely sunny day here but very windy. I dont suppose I will be going far anyway.
Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Good morning all.

More wet than windy here, but wet it is for sure. Have a great day all.

Nippy oh my God how awful pleased your cavalry was able to get you back up on your feet. Hope it does not prove to be too sore today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Nippy, I am so sorry to hear that, I hope your pain eases but thank god you have an alarm!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone

Sorry to hear you had a fall but were able to get help quickly Jenny. Hope the pains soon ease

Good luck with finding somewhere to do your MOT. Does the local council still do it for the public?

Any luck with the archives Griff?

Hope you manage to get to see the carnival Lynn

Wet on and off and very windy. Managed to get Teazle out early whilst it was dry. Have now managed to get one coat of emulsion on the walls, second coat this afternoon. Barry looking for somewhere to sit but the lounge is in a heap and the tv is unplugged

Hope all are well

Hae a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Well, that's fixed my mot is booked for Monday at 9am or soon after and just at the local motor shop where I have been a customer for years. I knew they did repairs and they have done some for me in the past but I wasn't aware they actually did the MOTs. Just hope she passes ok now.

Jenny what on earth are you up to ? I cannot shout because I am always tripping up myself. I do hope you haven't done too much damage to yourself. Just a fall alone will upset your whole system. Thank God you have an alarm, it is something I ought to sort out for myself.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Yes our lounge is like a painters studio. sheets on the floor and settees- TV unplugged- windows without curtain . poor ol Teazle is all confused as to what is happening.

Ordered jigsaw blades and arrived today, delivered within 2 days, that is service for you Also my spending spree included ink carts for the printer and a grey card for colour balance with my cameras.

Still got another bit of post for previous owner ,some religious leaflet or other, Seems they didn't get any messages from God saying they had moved 5 years ago, they need to pray a bit harder i think .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Good afternoon all.

Got in a bit of a walk this morning with Rosie, but got drenched about half way through. Quite chilly too.

Jenny, it might be worth getting to the local A&E for an x-ray or two. I am so glad you got help quickly. Very scary when you go down.

Great you've got the MOT sorted Moyra. You may not use the car a lot, but they are a godsend when you need them.

Dave is still up and down, but getting there slowly. It's really knocked his whole system for six.

My daughter went to Greece yesterday. She's happy as Larry as they've upgraded her room to one overlooking the sea. It's her first holiday abroad for 17 years so I have everything crossed that it's all she wishes it to be.

My grandson broke his hand last week. A group of yobs set about his mate so he waded in to help. His mate has a broken bone in his neck and Nathan a bad break in his hand. The attack was totally unprovoked. It's a bit of a beggar when a night out leaves you in hospital with what could well be life-changing injuries for his mate
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Lol Barry, that made me laugh
Sue, not really, we found the plans from when the roofs were converted from flat to pitch and that states the cavity wall is 11 inches, so we have 5 1/2 inches from my bedroom wall so I think their roof is in our property, mind, the downpipe has completely fallen off today, I went to the market and came back and it has dropped off
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >