Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 06:25 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 7th June, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. I wonder if I shall hear from the garage today or arrange an MOT elsewhere.

Have a good day everyone, take care, keep warm and dry and above everything stay safe and well. God bless.

Griff not surprised you had stomach pains all the stress you are under. Do take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 06:45 AM
Morning Moyra
I hope the garage contact you today, I wonder was the man sick? Even if that was the case though someone should have said they couldn't come, I think you have used the garage before haven't you? If they aren't coming for your car I hope you can find another place to take it.
The tummy pains are part of the GPA disease, it can affect anywhere you have blood vessels, I am usually fine after 48 hours, once I get a temperature I know that the next day I will be o.k. my old gp said they could look into it for me by way of cameras and scans but I don't see the point....it will only confirm what they suspect that my intestines are involved and to be honest...I really don't want another consultant lol
Off to the archives today, my dad is coming with me so hopefully between us the half hour will be enough, if not I will try and rebook for next week
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 06:52 AM
Morning Moyra and Kelly and all to follow soon. Raining here so watering in my wild flower seeds nicely. Kelly how about contacting Dom Littlewood.bg!! Ah well off to wash up the brekkie things. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 06:53 AM
Just got a message off my old drinking buddy, I had sent him a few messages and got no reply, I couldn't think of anything I had done that might have upset him but I know why he didn't get back to me before, the cancer has gone to his brain....he is still waiting for someone somewhere to do something, I don't suppose there's much more can be done for him now, I just did the usual if I can do anything, if you or your wife need anything etc.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 06:55 AM
Lol Brenda, if I do and he comes round you are invited too lol. My aunty Donna did that, she was on the TV, she had a dodgy kitchen fitted and Dom sorted it, it was quite amazing as Donna was a domestic abuse victim and used to be so quiet and timid and to see her on TV standing up for herself was absolutely brilliant.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Morning Moyra, griff, brenda and all to follow.

Another lovely day cooler with a breeze good for drying the washing and clouding over at times, still a good day.

Moyra hope the garage contact you today.
griff good luck at the archives. Sorry to hear about your friend.
brenda nothing like a nice drop of rain to water in new plants or seedlings.

Bit of a worry over Joel he has taken a dip spent the week with Mark who has been off floundering a little as to what to do.
No permanent address in Harlow living with is girlfriend and mum but it's not home doesn't want to live this way permanently and has a job but needs to earn enough to at least rent a room. He did take himself to the dr for a chat.
Going to get in touch with him and say if he wants a few days here we have the town within walking distance and we can do some things with him.
We have been surprised he hasn't dipped before now to be honest. He is talking to Donna again but says he doesn't want to move back in and to be honest the situation he is in is better than moving back there.
Oh well will offer some nan and grandad spoiling and see if that helps at all.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Oh gosh Lynn, could social services help at all? Surely they must have some place or funds to help him. I do hope he comes to stay with you for a few days, I am pleased he went to the drs though and even better he doesn't want to move back with donna
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Morning all.

Rained over night here too so happy the plants are being rained in. I am getting some wildflower seeds here for the piece of side ground as it is irritating me now just some large shrubs bushes and the council SHOULD care for it but rarely come. Lots of spaces so wildflower should take well its south facing. Thanks for jogging my memory albeit without knowing Brenda.

Moyra ring them may be a pure oversight especially as they have done work on your car before, doubt they would be ignoring a good paying customer. Bet someone has simply forgot to write it down or ticked to say done in error. Humans eh? LOL

Griff Good luck in the archive, try not to disturb too much dust.....lol... how did Steve get on with his application for the alternative I think it was job?

Lynn I suspect having no home to call a permeant home is heartbreakingly soul destroying. I am sure stopping at Nan and Grandads will help his mood. Is he on the council list as homeless? not sure how it works as such but surely he should be eligible for something as a vulnerable young adult? once he has a flat anywhere he should be able to exchange.

Sue How is your decorating coming on, you put me to shame with your activity levels. I do love reading your posts always something on the go.

Well plans for today nothing on the cards could do some decorating but not sure I will but also not sure I won't...….LOL.....raining here llightly but still raining.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Griff, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you manage to get the MOT sorted one way or another Moyra

Good luck at the archives Griff and hope something comes of it to help you.

Poor Joel he is torn between his job or finding somewhere he can live. There is just no help out there for young people.

Good idea Brenda he managed to sort out a lot of problems where no one else could.

Go tup and it was dry but by the time I was washed and dressed it was pouring. Still I got an early start on the the gloss paint so have just this minute finished. Have also done the ironing

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Morning Sue raining here to now so won't get washing out not yet anyway.
Well done on the painting.

griff social services won't help we tried for years when he was small for them to intervene and get him away from a rubbish life and be with his dad and us they didn't want to know. Also again a couple of years ago as you may remember and again because by then he was 15 he could sofa surf with his dad. So highly unlikely he would get any help now.
We will keep an eye on him he can go back to Harlow and be with Tia and her mum but her mum struggles financially so he does help out with shopping and gas and electric, if absolutely necessary he can live with Marks good friend the one who is employing him and move in there till sorted. I think not having a permanent place is getting him down we are surprised he hasn't got to this point before now.
He always has us and Mark and Lauren when he needs break.

At least unlike other unfortunate young people he has options of roofs over his head even if not ideal. He will never be homeless.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >