View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Afternoon all. Just planted up a large pot in the front garden and my "favourite" blue pot as well no idea why it is my favourite can't recall when or where I got it. But I like it. Just done and started to rain a bummer should of done the bit of painting first hey ho...………..Gert and I enjoyed the walk when I should of been painting. Lots of lovely comments re the garden and I am very pleased.

I am an impatient waiter too can be doing nothing but say wait for someone and I get an "itch/urge" to go out regardless to if I need to or not.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 03:11 PM
That Virgin young lad changed the V6 box but he also changed the hand held tuner but didn't tune it in to anything so I cannot use it for changing the volumn or mute so what's he done? He was in the house about 15 minutes in all and just sat out in his van wasting time. True his lunch break was interrupted. I give up he said I am not a television engineer so what the hell is he? He has no qualifications at all apparently and suggested I refer to U tube! that is £89. 50 a month for that sort of service.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 03:39 PM
That's disgraceful Moyra. I'd be on the 'phone sharpish if that were me and giving 'em hell.

Well, we waited until 3 pm and then rang the nursing service to see what time she would come (bearing in mind he needed his blood taken in Skeg and it closes at 4 pm).

Got a call back to say she's coming tomorrow now and not today. Fuming as, I don't know if I mentioned it, but I hate waiting

Managed to get to Skeg hospital before the blood department closed, but I had to park blocking in a load of cars as there wasn't a single space. I just kept shuffling every time a car came in. Fortunately, he was only in for 15 minutes or so.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2019, 03:45 PM
No need to water tonight.

Sue hope mot went well.
Jenny hope not to many problems on the road getting to physio.
Chris glad Dave is doing well sorry everything went wrong and you have been messed about.
griff hope the blood test went well.
Kazz glad the garden is coming nicely. We have favourite pots to.
Moyra that is disgusting. We are with SSE for our energy and tele and broadband and phone. They do take on non energy customers but obviously not with the deals energy customers get but sure they wouldn't be that bad. We had Virgin in Harlow absolute nightmare especially their customer service.
SSE customer service is brilliant and although we might pay slightly more it is worth it for the customer care we get.

Anyone watched the first Panorama crisis in care ? Just watched it on catch up OMG what a mess everything is in. Hard to watch.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 04:21 PM
I have just been on the line to virgin If I had a horse then a cowboy might have been useful;.. I said why send a young man who had no engineering or television skills and could only replace and box and a tuner but not know how to make them work together. He just said look it up on you tube! I phoned Virgin and explained to a lovely lady who obviously wasn't of English decent what the problem was and she took me through and stayed with me until I reprogramed the remote. I said to her she had just saved her company £89.50 a month as I was about to quit. Couldn't thank her enough.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Moyra I would seriously look into changing I have sky in two rooms and I admit have only full entertainment package no films or sport extra but only pay monthly £21. Only have sky for TV, BT for telephone and internet as best coverage for internet here people swop to sky virgin etc but come back to BT due poor reception exactly why I have sky poor Ariel reception too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Anyone watched the first Panorama crisis in care ? Just watched it on catch up OMG what a mess everything is in. Hard to watch.
Yes I watched it Lynn recommended it last week on here the trouble is I think it needs starting again which obviously they can't do. They have limits and constraints on a broken system that cannot cope. The strain seems to more and more; never thought I would say this but felt sorry for the social workers. Why they are closing day centres like the one for the lady with dementia needed is beyond reasonable understanding.

The other part is on this week.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Also watching 63 up
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2019, 07:50 PM
I'm looking forward to watching 63 up too. Watched it from the beginning and find it fascinating
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2019, 08:08 PM
No surprise really we are in the state we are in. It was hard enough getting mum anything and she spent 4 years in a home which stopped me having to chase to get her what she needed and has been dead for 4 years. As for Gill when she was dying well enough said never been so frustrated and upset at her not getting the help she needed till 7 days before she actually died.
Still very upsetting to think of how she was treated.
I agree with you Kazz actually felt sorry for those poor social workers trying to do their best with the funds continuously being withdrawn.
I have siad to Gorden I think we will need some sort of plan in place when we get to that stage. Doubt there will be any care at all by then.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >