Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2019, 07:31 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 8th February, 2019

Good morning everyone. I hope you and your four legged friends are all well. I have to admit I had another birthday last Monday and haven't been feeling too well ever since. I don't think its old age catching up with me I think it has overtaken me!

Have a good day everyone, think it is going to be wind and rain most of the day. Take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Sorry you are still feeling unwell Moyra and belated happy Birthday.

Bit wet out there today underfoot.
We ended up staying in yesterday just not a nice day to go out and Gorden has a cold so we kept in the warm and dry after walking Dillon.
We might pop out later today as the winds have died down.

griff sorry to hear your brothers offer has been declined maybe there is something else in the area ? Or nearby ?

Hoping everyone is feeling well today and of course our four legged friends are well to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Moyra. I remember when we had a celebration for you a few years ago now when dogsey after dark was on here and we had silent music bg!! Rain here and still a bit gloomy outside. Celebrating chinese new year with my sisters in law this evening by having chinese. Sadly daughter won't be here. Ah well. Have a good day all. Gorden hope you get rid of your cold soon and don't give it to Lynn. Stay in and drink lots. I am sure Dillon won't mind Lynn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Enjoy your celebration brenda. Thank you for the well wishes for Gorden he doesn't feel ill just very sneezy and binged up.
Dillon never minds if we choose to stay in rather than go out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Belated happy birthday Moyra ad hope you soon feel better.

Tell Gorden to keep his cold to himself Lynn

Enjoy your Chinese later Brenda.

Yep wet and miserable out there. Have managed to get Teazle's walk in without getting too wet. Nothing planned for the rest of the day except housework

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Good evening all.

Lousy night. Just as I was about to go to bed at about midnight last night, Gary had a fall and his head was bleeding.

He pushed his lifeline button and they 'phoned me asking if he was OK (we have the camera and can see him). I told them about the fall and his head bleeding. She said she'd send out a responder and call an ambulance.

Ambulance came about 25 minutes later, but no sign of the responder. The service rang me back, asked if the ambulance had arrived to which I told them it had and they were taking him in. She said "Oh, I'll cancel the responder then". I asked if they wouldn't be going through to the hospital and she said no, they don't do that. I asked how Gary would get home from hospital (which is 30 miles away) and she said I'd have to sort that out with the hospital.

I was bloody fuming. The arrangement was supposed to be that they sort him out after dark because we have difficulty driving at night.

So, off I trot to the hospital. Got there about 1.30 am. He was seen by a doctor at 5 am and was finally discharged at 7.30 am with the all clear (but very sore head with some glue in it now).

It was a very long night, but I was so stressed out by the time I got home at 8.30 am that we did our usual walk.

I thought I'd be out for the count by the time we got home but only managed 2 hours sleep. I think I'd gone through the sleep stage.

To cap it all off, OH was up with Rosie half the night because she kept retching and was sick three times.

The only saving grace about the whole thing was that I didn't see another car on the road all the way to the hospital.

A night to forget, me thinks.

Hope the birthday went well Moyra. I prefer to forget them these days .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Oh gosh Chris XX
Moyra, hope you enjoyed your birthday
Brenda... enjoy your Chinese New year, is it your daughter that you have had the disagreement with?? Given time I hope things will be o.k if that's the case
Hi to everyone else
I have had serious words with my dad today...he is willing to let the downpipe issue go, kept saying he didn't think it was our property...I got the deeds out and......I proved I am right!! Then he was trying to tell me they could paint my fence any colour they liked...I said nope because it's my fence, I have bought and paid for it and there you go... looked it up and I am right!! I am sick and tired of him treating me like I am thick and no nothing...does the same about the car and I always end up sorting it out... eejit
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Kelly you are very astute. Chris words fail me as I have three people plus you which makes four that are not happy with the NHS. As one of them said to me, if they were a business they' d go under. Not impressed for you. Think a stern letter would be a good idea. Might not change things but might make you feel better. My visitors have gone and it was an OK evening. Tears were shed remembering Tyto and other loved pets lost recently. To much wine and food so back with a vengeance tomorrow with diet for 11 days before lunch out with my friend Margaret. Night all.