Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2017, 07:29 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, January 3rd.

Good morning everyone,

Lynn, well done on getting so much done yesterday. I must try to do the same today. I have to go to the doctors to collect a blood test request form. They say they want to check up on my diabetes. Trouble is that means a trek up to the hospital pathologists.

Griff, hope you are feeling a lot better today you do sound rough.

TW Perhaps that woman is not all there in the head, she must be cuckoo to hang around when she can see you have three large dogs with you.

Brenda so your training school has come to an end I am sure a lot of folks are going to miss it as certainly you shall.

LG, hope you are ok rather worried we have not seen anything of you.

Mandy, Sue and Barry, Jenny and Brian and Harvey and Norma hope you are all ok and anyone else I have left off not intentionally.

Have a good day, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

It was hard work Moyra but had to be done pleased getting up this morning and seeing the house more or less back to normal.
Hope blood tests go well, pain though when you have trek a fair way and then find parking etc.,

Gorden just left for London home sometime Friday. Mark will be leaving for Essex the ceiling is giving him trouble so instead of being finished he is back again.
So today will be how it use to be a whole day just dillon and me Mark will be back sometime this evening.

I was thinking the same yesterday Moyra about LG he was having computer problems wasn't he ?
Hope you are feeling better today griff.
Hoping everyone else including four legged friends are feeling well today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Doesn't look like anyone's left for work round here this morning, cars still parked up and down the road. Can't even park outside my own house, am someway down the road.
I only had two dogs with me Moyra, I checked when I left through the entrance that she had a clear view of me from that point and she did, like you said must be cuckoo
Was thinking of going back to my normal routine today, but obviously people are having another day off maybe the rest of the week, so perhaps not
Got to ring and see if there is a bone run today before I decide on anything else, also spare needs collecting from the tyre place, can't believe that was punctured as well
Lynn you won't know what to do with yourself today, will be so quiet after the Christmas you've had. Any news on the car as yet.
Wondering if LG is back visiting the outlaws in Wales, he seems to be very fond of them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2017, 10:14 AM
They are making the most of the holidays up your way June aren't they ?
Bloomin cold out there today. Dishwasher done before walking Dillon, first lot of washing done some in tumbler t.shirts on rads. Second load in.
Mark had some extra for me today give him his due he did offer to do it.
Seems silly it sitting there waiting while he is working when I am here and can fit it in my schedule.
It's feeling odd June but nice everybody out of the way. Time to catch my breath and do things at a slower pace. Plenty of things to be doing after a coffee and a few biccies.

Car news the engineer valued it at just under a little at what Gorden paid for it 18 months ago. The other side agreed to pay the price suggested by the engineer which we are very happy about we really thought we would lose money.
Just waiting for the cheque now. Also we were able to keep the hire car even though the engineer wrote it off most unusual plus they let us keep it for another 7 days while sourcing another vehicle.
Very pleased with the way it has all been dealt with.
We do not know how the guy who smasehed into it is doing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Good afternoon

Sorry your training has come to an end Brenda I am sure some people will be really sorry.

Goodness Lynn about the payout for the car you now have another problem of finding a suitable replacement. Good luck with your search.

Hope your walk today went well June with no idiots around.

at last I have my home back Sister left this afternoon and peace reigns. It has certainly been cold today and have got really cold on my walks.

Hope everyone is feeling better today especially you Griff.

Take care and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Hoping you find the car you are looking for this time Lynn and it doesn't take forever to get one that suits your needs.
Took a deep breath and went on the field with Cariad and Keshi. Kept the eyes at the back of my head wide open and let Kesh off to play with a ball and she was so happy just running about with it. Cariad not wanting to play ball with her anymore so we walked round and she checked every blade of grass out.
Then took the other 3 onto the river, remembered to take their balls with me this time, they had a great time, lots of swimming from Lona and she even joined into the chase me game Mabs and Zen were playing.
Didn't see one person out with a dog whatsoever, peace, perfect peace
No bone run today. Rang my friend to see how she is, and she sounds better than she did, but not well at all. Bone run put off till next week now. Was hoping for Thursday if I'm honest, but they're you go. Have to get an order ready for Clearday as I've got a shelf of food left and thats about it. Small freezer is more or less empty and big freezer is looking a bit sparse. The stuff I got off the turkey people was great, got the turkey innards left, I bagged each one separately and so far have used 2 of them and 3rd is defrosting now, plus all the bones I got.
Girls have the last dinosaur bones tonight, I have stuff in my own freezer that wouldn't fit in their big freezer, so need to sort that out at some point
Very cold wind here, but well above freezing. Fire is lit and I had cheese and tomato on toast for lunch after walks and going to get the spare tyre. Swept the kitchen and utility, washed up, apart from that, Sweet FA!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Just tried to get onto the landlady, our fencing or rather lack of it to the road directly in front of our patio and patio doors is insecure. As I drove past this morning I saw people peeking in to see what they could see from there. Not very nice to know you are under surveillance from the public in your own home. Cannot get hold of the landlady she must still be lazing in the sun somewhere.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just tried to get onto the landlady, our fencing or rather lack of it to the road directly in front of our patio and patio doors is insecure. As I drove past this morning I saw people peeking in to see what they could see from there. Not very nice to know you are under surveillance from the public in your own home. Cannot get hold of the landlady she must still be lazing in the sun somewhere.
Moyra thats scary........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Car news the engineer valued it at just under a little at what Gorden paid for it 18 months ago. The other side agreed to pay the price suggested by the engineer which we are very happy about we really thought we would lose money.
Just waiting for the cheque now.
Hi Lynn, this would be the car that had all the hidden gremlins I assume. Even 'tho it was finally sorted I would guess that you would be happy to see the back of it. I've decided to hold onto our old banger for another year having just MoT'd it and taxed/insured it. By this time next year diesel cars maybe banned anyway

Please keep us posted on what you see and what you eventualy buy it will be useful to me.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Didn't see one person out with a dog whatsoever, peace, perfect peace
I know the feeling June, it's probably the one and only thing I do miss about our previous life in CZ, in nearly eleven years I could count on one hand the number of times we met anyone with dogs on our walks. That was essential when Baruska was alive as my wife insisted on her being off lead whenever possible.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Not very nice to know you are under surveillance from the public in your own home.
Yes Moyra that would make me mad as well. Had best not talk about my views on the 'general public' you just never know who is out there. Hope you can get hold of her and she gets off her backside and does something.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Computer mouse is playing up and appears to be disconnecting itself from the machine hence no way to log out etc. Sarah, our friendly computer lady said the mouse itself is knackered and I should buy one of these new wireless ones. Will have to look into that tomorrow, in the meantime I'll bid you all goodnight while it is working and I can log off correctly, see you tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >