register for free

Dog News

Dog gets stuck in reclining armchair

A dog has been rescued by firefighters after getting wedged in an electric reclining armchair.

Cagney the Lhasa apso was trapped for about an hour in her Salford home until the chair's metal frame was dismantled.
Her owner Lyn Kirkwood said she had been searching for the pooch until she "heard a whimper" and saw her back legs sticking out of the chair.

Seven-year-old Cagney seemed "unfazed" after her ordeal, RSPCA officer David Hatton added.
More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-34681191

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Gosh what a silly story. BTW, things are far different there. There's no way in the world fire fighters here would waste their time getting a dog out of a reclining chair. They might be needed for a fire... you know... which they ALSO are in no hurry to get to. How us this even possible? And to get the dog out, the chair had to be dismantled? Never heard of such.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2015, 10:58 AM
The fire brigade get called out for all kinds of things here Myra, cats up trees, people locking themselves out and kids heads stuck in railings to name a few. Although I thought with all the cut backs this kind of thing was meant to have stopped.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Poor dog! What on earth possessed her
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2015, 02:34 PM
I have some friends who's 2 year old son died when the child got trapped in a reclining armchair. So tragic!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I see trouble. Well if this happened to me and I called the fire department, they'd tell me to figure it out, literally!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Well I did think I'd take it apart myself or get one of my sons to do it for me, and if the dog got in surely you can get your hands in to remove it but as there was mention of a carer I guess the husband is disabled but the woman looked ok to me. I would have had a go at getting the dog out myself first.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2015, 07:50 PM
I'd have tried to get the dog out myself too. But then, I'd have had no choice. The dog is a small dog, a Lhasa Apso so I'm almost certain that the owners could have gotten the dog out if they just tried. Cats are small like small breed dogs, but manage to generally avoid these situations... lol

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top