View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for asking, and for everyone who is struggling I really hope things start to look up for you all.

Me, well I'm okay I guess, I just wish I could get the energy up to move a bit more. Weighed myself the other day and was 11 and a half stone I have sore fingers and toes so I'm off to the docs in a week or so to get it checked out, gripping lids, more especially small lids is really becoming an issue and it hurts.

Got a 3000 word assignment to get done and I've done 20 words in the last week! Hopeless, I just can't seem to get moving on it at all. I need to get some sort of plan together though, my tutor should be calling tomorrow.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My life changed forever 2 years ago when my son died. Now I go through the motions but I`ve lost interest in a lot of the things I did before.
I draw and paint a lot, and walk the dogs a lot. I`m far more solitary now. Things don`t seem that important, really.
I do a bit of voluntary work, and sell the occasional painting. And manage one day at a time.
*hug*

Try to think what your son would want, or rather what he wouldn't - you being sad because of something directly related to him.

I tend to think that if I die, I would hate for my passing to wreck/spoil anyone else's life - and the more I care about them the more upset it would make me feel.

By all means be sad on the day he died, for indeed it was a dark day - but celebrate the day he was born, as it's the day he came into this life, your life.

xx
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2012, 06:37 AM
my life isn't to bad, at the minute im stressing quite badly over my finals - first ones on the 21st of this month! but after that i have graduation and a new tattoo to look forward to

health wise im tickety boo bar occasional pains down my legs, OH seems to have a bug so hoping i don't catch it.

was at the liverpool tattoo convention yesterday so still recovering from a full day on my feet
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Hugs to everyone who needs them or just wants them.

Life for me, it's good.
I work in a bar for minimal wage, which at my age is £5 an hour, I enjoy it though, as much as I complain, I do enjoy it. I have more hours which means less time with the dogs, however means more money.
The OH is gone all week but manages to get back at weekends, we argue a bit, but what couple doesn't? Wedding plans are on hold, but there'll be a wedding at some point Not as soon as we want but sometimes life gets in the way.
The dogs are behaving (for now) better than ever, Louie's recall is improving, it's not there 100% yet but I'm not worried, he comes back when I need him too and thats what counts.
Benjie is becoming a little less reactive everyday I have him.
Sadie - she's still a sweetheart and will forever be one.
And last but not least, little Pennie is coming along nicely.

My friends are there when I need them, they give me advice when it is (and isn't) needed and talk to me about the most randomest of things, but I wouldn't have them any other way.
My family is good, my Dad's still fighting to get his DLA back, he's been disabled for years with a worn disc in his back, trouble walking. Yet they think that at 62 he is fit to work. My sister is moving back to my parents in the summer, leaving me on my own, but for a bit I can enjoy her company some more then worry about everything else when it's closer to her leaving.

All in all, a mixture - but I'm happy and thats all that matters to me
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I guess there is nothing to complain about in my life:

*I have a job that is easy, I enjoy it, it gives me lots of freedom and pays well enough for my needs
*No health complaints
*No partner to irritate me (and I dont hanker after a boyfriend either)
*Dogs are good
*I have friends

The only one gripe I have is that I do not have my own space, I cant begin to tell you how much I yearn for my own place again without the stresses that living with parents brings. Unfortunately, the job doesnt pay that well.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

By all means be sad on the day he died, for indeed it was a dark day - but celebrate the day he was born, as it's the day he came into this life, your life.

xx

I do, thanks.
But you never accept the death of a child as you do a parent or spouse even. (I`ve come to terms with those losses). The loss of a child changes your life. I`m a different person now.
Thankyou for your post.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I do, thanks.
But you never accept the death of a child as you do a parent or spouse even. (I`ve come to terms with those losses). The loss of a child changes your life. I`m a different person now.
Thankyou for your post.
I am sorry to hear that Claire&Daisy. The death of a child is the hardest loss to bear and I believe those who say you don't ever get over it.

My dearest friend, Sharon, lost a daughter. She too changed forever. I always remember one of the things she said to - that she is no longer fearful of much because the worst thing that could possibly happen to her had already happened.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Life is so so....

On a multitude of pills for health reasons which make me feel sick quite often as well as drowsy.

Money is still a worry and need to get my bum in gear and get my business sorted so I earn more £££.

Some twit has smashed off half my wing mirror, and the car needs an MOT.

Our gerbil has really slowed down and doesn't have long left, but for a rodent who is around 3-4 years old we can't complain.... Makes me sad as I have lost all my animals (rodents and my horse) within a year :'(

But we have a roof over our heads, bf and I have been brought closer through all the s*** in the past year, and I get a bacon sarnie and coffee for lunch
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I do, thanks.
Thankyou for your post.

So sorry, Claire. It's a terrible thing to happen, no one would expect to outlive their child. *hugs*
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by MadisonSale View Post
my life isn't to bad, at the minute im stressing quite badly over my finals - first ones on the 21st of this month! but after that i have graduation and a new tattoo to look forward to

health wise im tickety boo bar occasional pains down my legs, OH seems to have a bug so hoping i don't catch it.

was at the liverpool tattoo convention yesterday so still recovering from a full day on my feet
Sooo jealous! I really wanted to go but couldn't! Did you have anything done while you were there?
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »