Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2019, 06:58 AM

Good Morning. Monday 7th January 2019.

Morning everyone who looks in on the daily thread. Thought I would give Moyra a day off. Wonder if we can all follow suit and maybe take it in turns when up early and post the thread.
Having done it for a good while with Helen I know how tiring it can become and so doing it on your own for as long as Moyra has and the thread not being as busy as it use to it must be becoming hard work.
No idea what the weather is like outside yet not long been up checking to see if delivery status updated for a tall boy being delivered today.
It is and arriving between 13.55 and 15.55.
Gorden off to London later back Wednesday. So walking Dillon and house work on the cards for me later.

Moyra hope you are feeling a little brighter today and Steve has cleared the mess.
Chris sorry to read yourself and OH are still suffering from bad chests Spring not far away (hopefully).
griff sorry the dye didn't work out as well as you would like I think I read somewhere grey hair is more porous so a stronger dye or left for longer works better. Not to much longer mind though.
Kazz glad the chair and rug are working out well.
Harvey hope all are well in your household.

Hoping anyone not mentioned are well to and of course all our four legged friends.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Thanks Lynn, it is appreciated. I do find it rather wearing doing it every day. I know you or Brenda will do it if I leave it. Anyway I trust everyone is in reasonable health. Amber has been sick this morning and myself too. Mine is due to the constant catarrh running down my throat and from my nose. Not pleasant. Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Morning Moyra. Feel better soon and Amber to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Good morning Lynn, Myra and all who follow

Hope both yo and Amber feel better as the day goes on Moyra

Have a good walk with Dillon and hope the delivery arrives on time this afternoon

I was up early as expecting a meat delivery for Teazle. Message left last night said about 8.00 am. It has just arrived but the original timing was from 7.00 to 9.00 so not really late. I even managed to defrost the chest freezer where it is kept so am pleased about that. Out with Teazle at 7.30 and it was still dark but not cold.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Morning Sue two hour time slots seem to be becoming the norm. I quite like the time slot you know how to arrange your day.
Busy getting the chest freezer defrosted. Ready for next Chriustmas ?

Very chilly here but bright hoping to get some washing dry have my new extendable line up which gives me two washing lines for busier washing days and goes away neatly when finished with.
We had a beautiful sunrise this morning around 8 but hadn't got the camera sadly.
Saw the swans flying over again we have seen around 100 in total flying over in formations since moving here we think they must be heading to Welney the wetlands centre for the feeding times.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Good morning all.

Yes happy to start the thread on days one not started often look but leave it to Moyra however more than happy to start.

Cold here but crisp all washing done yesterday so nothing for my line.

Mom okay. The rug comes Friday the armchairs have been well received by all who have seen and sat on them. Gert still a sofa surfer.

My sister is off this morning looking for a little bird (she is a birdwatcher) that has been reported from China I think she said, her hubby fishing.
Niece (S) who got engaged poorly with this lurgy that's going round so staying away due to Mom. Better now than later as she and fiancé are off to New York 18th I think it is of Jan. Her older sister (K) has
dyed her hair bright blue. LOL
Brothers daughter away to Canaries with her chap this morning.

And me sitting watching daytime TV. Typing this and hoping not to lose it, just Sky+'d the show about cleaning Up I think it is looks good, starts later this week. Hype looks good so giving it a go.

Have a good day all Moyra hope you feel better wonder if having the house as you would want it not cluttered would make you feel better sooner Steve realises the better. I feel under stress with clutter around.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Morning Kazz. Hope your Niece feels better soon and well for her New York trip.
Also hope your sister sees the bird she is hoping to see.
Good idea staying away from the lurgy for so many reasons.

Kazz I think you are right if Steve respected the space that Moyra allows him to live in I am sure she would feel so much better.
Having had both my boys home for a while after living away and as adults it is very hard. I am always lucky in the fact they respect the fact they are are staying and try hard to live as we do.
I can speak from experience living in a constant state of stress is really not good for you mentally or physically.

Nice we have some others on board to give Moyra a break if she feels she needs one.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Afternoon all.
Moyra, hope you feel brighter soon
I do read someday but not post...mainly because my life is now dull lol
Brenda, I hope you are feeling brighter soon too
Hi to everyone else.. thumping headache so read but not really took it in! Will try again in a bit
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Good evening all.

Had a 'fun' hour or so this afternoon trying to find out why Gary's 'phone (minicom) wasn't working (and therefore the lifeline and fall monitor).

It took a while but I found it in the end. One of the many wires had come out of the back and had been 'eaten' by all the other wires that you usually find behind the back of a TV.

Quite chuffed with myself really as not only am I pretty useless with technology, but I tend to look at tangles of wires and think "nah"

Total fluke I found it because it looked like all the wires were in place
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Evening griff and Chris.
griff I am sure your life is no more boring than the rest of us. Hope the headache is better soon.
Chris well done.

Tall boy arrived later than they kept messaging it would be but here so a frustrating 1/2 hour getting it out of the box and horrible wrapping stuff and putting handles on drawers after getting it into place in to the bedroom.
Showered and waiting for gorden to call now then relax for the evening.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >