Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Evening all.
The Max reaction to fireworks. Flops down, ears laid back, and the whites of his eyes showing......

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2019, 09:29 PM
Aw bless him. Typical signs of fear.

I do wish they would ban the things or at least go to the noiseless variety
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Everyone, Hope you have all had a good night and your four legged friends have all survived the sound of fireworks.

And a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Moyra and everyone on here

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Looks like behind the fireplace is bricks then they have been plastered

Every few years there's a story in the paper about finding behind a bricked up fireplace either hidden treasure or long lost documents, hope you don't find any bodies behind there

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Oh yes have signed up for the "tuneless choir " one evening a week to get me out.

Fantastic, will it be classical stuff or more modern ???

Originally Posted by griff View Post
My new year started off as expected s**t ... literally!!! Lol, Kota is poorly so been up all night

Oh no what has started this off ??? Hope you can get it sorted. Since we don't get to the river now Casey has been good but he did previously have the 'runs' quite often.

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post

What a lovely dog, you must keep us updated on his progress Eileen.

The fireworks last night were a long way from us, at least five miles, but there was still some faint noise and Casey came to the front door and was standing there waiting to get in and went direct to our bedroom and wouldn't move until about two in the morning

He never normally sleeps indoors at night** so it was quite touching that he wanted to be near us when there were strange noises going on.

Just before Xmas we went to the vets for a routine check and to get some more medication. His breathing is 'rasping' and the vet thought this might be his wind pipe being constricted by fluids around the heart so he has increased his Frusecare to 120Mg twice a day. The vet also told me that although the DCM starts with just one segement of the heart as the patient gets older it spreads to all of the heart.

** It is his choice whether to sleep inside or outside, Newfies have two coats so they rarely ever feel the cold.

Haven't posted much this last week but still look in to see what you are all doing, although even just reading posts might be a luxory for me from the 11th Jan as OH is having her hip replacement operation and won't be able to do any cooking or most things for six weeks.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Aw, good luck to her. A nasty op, but well worth the end result
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

Fantastic, will it be classical stuff or more modern ???

No idea till I get there next week looking at it on the web Sutton Coldfield branch (tuneless choir) they raise money for MIND and seem to sing almost anything.
Can only get me out and physically talk to people as in the house a lot now with Mom. Will let you know.

The fireworks last night were a long way from us, at least five miles, but there was still some faint noise and Casey came to the front door and was standing there waiting to get in and went direct to our bedroom and wouldn't move until about two in the morning

He never normally sleeps indoors at night** so it was quite touching that he wanted to be near us when there were strange noises going on.

Just before Xmas we went to the vets for a routine check and to get some more medication. His breathing is 'rasping' and the vet thought this might be his wind pipe being constricted by fluids around the heart so he has increased his Frusecare to 120Mg twice a day. The vet also told me that although the DCM starts with just one segement of the heart as the patient gets older it spreads to all of the heart.

** It is his choice whether to sleep inside or outside, Newfies have two coats so they rarely ever feel the cold.

Haven't posted much this last week but still look in to see what you are all doing, although even just reading posts might be a luxory for me from the 11th Jan as OH is having her hip replacement operation and won't be able to do any cooking or most things for six weeks.

Some of the fireworks are loud and seem to hit the "blinking heck" on the hearing zone for humans let alone dogs.

Hope the medication continues to work. Aging is hard work.

My BIL had his hip done 2 years ago in May the benefits he said far outweighed the restrictions he had to follow. But follow the physio information the more you do the more it hurts apparently but the easier it gets.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Evening all.
The Max reaction to fireworks. Flops down, ears laid back, and the whites of his eyes showing......

I would be careful he looks unsure he could bolt fright is a reaction to a situation. My brother saw a chap earlier posting on lampposts his dog has bolted due to fireworks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Bless Casey...he knows where he feels safe...bet he takes up most of the bed lol.
Hmmmmm, my suspicion is that Kota ate a bit of a fat ball, no upset tummy since 7.30am and I have fed her twice so fingers crossed that I am not up in the night.
To be honest I totally agree about fireworks, there's a few options.. significantly reduce the bang..I mean car alarms going off because of them is a sign they are too noisy, do away with the bang all together.. everyone can still enjoy the pretty lights with no bad effects or just make them set nights at organised displays...I mean it's not just animals that suffer, lots of autistic people struggle too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2019, 10:57 PM
It always seems strange to me that there's a huge outcry again environmental pollutants and yet millions of pounds worth of fireworks are set off each year. Seems a bit contradictory to me
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I would be careful he looks unsure he could bolt fright is a reaction to a situation.
He could. But he doesn't. He sticks with me.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3