Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 10:26 AM

Neighbours children....

I am having building work done as most of you know and my front yard looks like the set for scrap heap challenge. The thing is I keep catching the neighbours children climbing on it all and am worried because it is full on nails and other sharp things, the mother of two of the girls is an unreasonable b***h who thinks that it is my problem not hers and even though I have asked the girls not to play on it they do. There is also half a tonne of building sand out the front and they keep grabbing it and throwing it at each other so it is now spread half way across the square.

There is nothing I can say to the mother and I do not know where the other girls come from. I think the mother is waiting for something bad to happen so she can sue me, from what I have heard this is the sort of thing she does.

Any advice, except giving the mother a good hiding
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Forgot to say the oldest girl is about 9 and the youngest no more than 4. There are four of them
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't think there is anything you can do apart from keep telling them not to play on it.If it's on your front garden and they do hurt themselves that's the mothers fault not yours,for not telling her children not to play there,also they shouldn't be on your property.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks Sal
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Take some photographs of them out there!! You've got yourself some evidence then! Keep a log of the times and dates you spoke to the mother about them messing around with it too. Good luck - nightmare by the sounds of it!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Thank you Helena,
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Failing that, bury them under the sand and then they won't resurface until the building work is done. Tada!

There might be a by-law that prevents this though.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 01:22 PM
get some cones and place it around the stuff ...as a warning if they hurt themselves she can't so s*d all about it .........they had been warned
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2006, 01:51 PM
To put your mind at rest Donna-contact the citizens advice bureau,but i personally dont think the mother could successfully sue you should the children get hurt.

All our gardens have hazzards of many kinds like poisonous & thorny plants for example and children should be taught to respect those things which could harm them.I know the easiest thing is to say "the kids shouldnt of been there in the first place",but we all know what young children are like so the responsibility lies on the parents to tell them to stay off others property.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 04:01 PM
You're having the same kind of grief we are then Shall we bury all our neighbours together
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >