Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 05:33 PM

Rather unusual thing to be enthusiastic about

In Denmark at the moment there is a massive viking festival on, where loads of people get together and go back to the days of the vikings - they come from all over - UK/Norway/Sweden to go back to traditions - they even dress in furs and live the old days again....

Anyway this isn't the unusual part of the story....

My godson went with his parents/grandparents to this festival to enjoy the atmosphere, the sun and the vikings....perfect day out for a kid you would think...except they happened to walk past a sewage truck sucking the excrement from the makeshift viking villages.....and that was it, he was in love he watched the sewage truck 'do its business' so to speak and then they dragged him away kicking and screaming.

hmmmmm....now OH is trying to find a toy sewage truck for godson's birthday in a few weeks time LOL I'm sure his parents are going to be well impressed with our efforts

Kids.....
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Not realy so odd Ingrid.
A friend of mine had to look everywhere to find a toy combine harvester for her 4 year old godson!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2005, 05:47 PM
MC

Kids seem to love the strangest things
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 05:48 PM
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Thank you Ingrid

I needed that

poor parents

J
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2005, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=maplecottage]In Denmark at the moment there is a massive viking festival on, where loads of people get together and go back to the days of the vikings - they come from all over - UK/Norway/Sweden to go back to traditions - they even dress in furs and live the old days again....

QUOTE]

In someparts of Fenland-they still dress like this 24/7.lol
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-08-2005, 11:38 PM
could it have been the smell? :smt081
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
could it have been the smell? :smt081
Dont lower the tone! LOL
Ingrid in the metro centre in Gateshead there is a shop that sells every vehicle in the world that I could see, vintage buses, lorries, cars, american juggernoughts (sp), disposal trucks and maybe even sewage trucks. Children are frightning.
I bought my little boy a Ferrari carkit (red) which he can build himself but I, being the cruel being I am put it away somewhere safe for his adulthood. Will be worth a packet one day.
Your godson may be very clever and have an eye for the same thing. Who else is going to have a Sewage Truck toy?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Luz
Dont lower the tone! LOL
Ingrid in the metro centre in Gateshead there is a shop that sells every vehicle in the world that I could see, vintage buses, lorries, cars, american juggernoughts (sp), disposal trucks and maybe even sewage trucks. Children are frightning.
I bought my little boy a Ferrari carkit (red) which he can build himself but I, being the cruel being I am put it away somewhere safe for his adulthood. Will be worth a packet one day.
Your godson may be very clever and have an eye for the same thing. Who else is going to have a Sewage Truck toy?
Totally off topic but I always get completely lost in the Metro Centre! And then I can't find my car!

Good luck in your toy sewage truck travels MC!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Just to let everyone know, this is not the entire DK dressing up (or down?) as vikings
Some of us dont And didnt even know it was now those "meetings" were held

Only been a few times myself. But that was as a kid and I went to see the horses there
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2005, 09:49 AM
children
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >