Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-08-2013, 03:02 PM

Rolo, male Patterdale, DOB 25/12/11 - Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Rolo, Patterdale, DOB 25/12/11 - Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Homing Requirements: Rolo having led a sheltered life, needs a terrier experienced family to tease out his confidence and build his trust and adjustment into a new life which centres around his needs. He would love a secure garden again and exit management. Rolo has a whole new life ahead of him guided by a patient family.

Video Rolo walking on the 2nd day he arrived

Video Rolo walking next to a busy road

His Story: Rolo has been owned since a pup. His main carer is herself very ill and the family has needed to move and the landlord ousted Rolo. Rolo led a very restricted life kept away from visitors and had no social walks. Rolo is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Rolo is in foster in a multi dog household and on a steep learning curve in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

Advert: Rolo was born on Christmas day and wasn't socialized. Rolo needs a devoted terrier owner to stretch his competences slowly so he learns to trust and cope in life as his fosterer is doing. Rolo needs careful introductions to visitors as he has mainly been kept separated. Rolo has taken to car travel as the front passenger with a known person ‘like a duck to 'water'!

Rolo is a young, 18 month old, wire-haired Patterdale who grew up as an only dog with cats, but was separated when he went to chase . Rolo needs a slow reassuring approach to develop new competencies in befriending new people. Rolo meets dogs well outside as any terrier does! He has learnt to settle with dogs at his foster home.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-09-2013, 12:30 PM
An early update on Rolo - he has come on leaps and bounds since ...

"Rolo is doing so well. He was using all his kennel today not huddled up in one area. I went into to say hello and he stood still, didn't retreat and was happy to see me. I came back 90 mins later with a lead in hand and he walked towards me and allowed me to place a lead on him with a little negotiation due to nerves.

Video Rolo walking on the 2nd day he arrived

We had a lovely walk and soon was in the car meeting John who is going to build up his tolerances slowly in a less fearful environment. What a wonderful chance Thank you John. Rolo is a little pudding so the doesn't need to be fed up!

Video Rolo walking next to a busy road

You can see Rolo's concern and tenseness in his body stance. Watch this space that is all slowly, gradually, going to be released".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Rolo did indeed make an appearance at the Fun Day and when I set my eyes on him my heart did a triple salchow and a double axel and landed somewhere in my throat! WOW!

He is a little chunky and has the most spectacular chocolate coloured broken curly coat and the cheekiest monkey face! He also had the same amount of attitude and back chat to go with it - definitely for the terrier experienced home, but they will enjoy bringing him on and seeing him open up to the world and all the pleasures it has to offer him. Time for him to let himself go and let someone else take on the pressure of being the boss.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Rolo is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Rolo a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-02-2014, 07:39 PM
I was a little in love when I met Rolo in the summer so it was good to meet the leaner boy again and yes there is less of him and I love him a little bit more!

If you are interested in re-homing Rolo please complete our homing questionnaire as a first step.
Closed Thread