Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 06:07 AM

Daily Chat Monday 2nd December

Good morning everyone

Naughty Bruno leaving Alena waiting for him whilst he took himself for a visit

Like you Chris, Brenda and Kazz my Christmas is sorted only fresh stuff to buy at the last minute. Just the boys here and maybe a friend for Christmas Day but as I told her she can let me know as late as Christmas Eve as it would only involve an extra potato and sprout Ben working from Christmas Eve so whether he will want to eat will have to wait and see.

Very cold, frosty and dark so will wait a bit until I have my walk

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Morning Sue, yep I'm awake to. just going to put the washing on. Sadly no dog to walk. Have a good day and enjoy yours.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Good morning Sue and Brenda and those that are to follow. Brenda it seems such a shame that you have so much to give to another dog. I know he can never replace your lost love but there are so many poor dogs in either Dogs Trust or other Dog rescue centres that need either just a friend to visit and walk them or adopt as you feel able. Give it some thought. If I was fitter I certainly would offer my services.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Good morning all.

Cold and crisp n even here. Been out with Gert and saw quite a few people defrosting cars. Glad I am off today, just had a nice boiled egg marmite toast and cup of coffee. Starting to make a effort towards a good tidy up and clean (you know what I mean) and rearranged the furniture in the kitchen to encourage me to use the table rather than perch on a stool at the worktop - although I may actually put a jigsaw on it....LOL.....not done one in years.

Have a great day all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Jost got back from going to the tip twice to get rid of bags of leaves. Sue wants 2 apple trees out now as they don't fruit that much, licky to get 3/4 apples off them. So got to get rid and replace with others later on.

Lovely sunny day but bit chilly first thing
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 10:46 AM
No Moyra no more dogs for me. Too much heartache losing them and I have had a fair few that have gone through my house. I have to think long term of how long they will live in conjunction with my age now to go through all that again. Have been shopping and it was a little chilly but the sun is lovely. Now going to sit and read my book before putting lunch on. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Good afternoon all.

Chilly here, but lovely. Blue skies and sunshine all the way. Temperature round the 3 degree mark when we got to town, but had a colder feel. I don't mind the cold if the sun is shining

I know what you mean about getting another dog, Brenda. Rosie will be our last one. Apart from meeting their physical needs as we get older, there's also the consideration of what would happen to them if we departed before they did to say nothing of the heartache if not .

Bought a stuffed Christmas dog this morning. Sings a crappy Christmas song but it's ears flap up and down as it sings. More visual for Gary, but it's cute anyway . Only £4 so just a novelty. I love novelty stuff at Christmas.

Bruno is certainly finding his feet now Harvey. My guess is that his latest adventure won't be his last
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Chris - "Bruno is certainly finding his feet now Harvey. My guess is that his latest adventure won't be his last"

Hi Chris, Yes he is settling in now, it's taken a while and I feel it might still take a bit longer. We think he may have had five or six homes before he came here. One of them had a fire and we were told he was lucky to escape.

He is always interested when there are voices and people in the vicinity.

But every day makes us think he is a super dog and so unlucky in his early life. Dogs like routine and hate it when things change every day, it might be boring but we do try to give him & Xena a set routine every day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Evening all
Had a major breakthrough today, Steve put his Christmas tree up!!! I am so pleased I can't tell you..not only that but he is going to put lights outside his house!!! I also got him a card with BF on it and he didn't moan, I fear he has been kidnapped and substituted lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Evening all
Had a major breakthrough today, Steve put his Christmas tree up!!! I am so pleased I can't tell you..not only that but he is going to put lights outside his house!!! I also got him a card with BF on it and he didn't moan, I fear he has been kidnapped and substituted lol
No Griff you have finally beaten him into "human mode"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >