Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Real Leather dog collars

Louie's collar is an old one of the OH's great aunts dog, Megan. I've hated that he has it because I don't like using old dog collars on dogs - you understand right? It's like putting your dead dogs collar on your new puppy - it doesn't sit right with me. But other than that it is a fab collar, real leather, thick big clip ring for the lead and is about 2 inches wide.

I've been looking for one the exact same including the big ring too but I can't find one anywhere that won't cost me the earth or that doesn't have either diamonds on or bloomin' metal pieces - I just want a new version, exactly the same as the one below:
(fingers to hide the tags, apologies for the cream - dog chair so it's muddy)

I like the big clip ring because I have and others often clip the lead on but get the ring thats holding the tags so of course one pull from the dog and the tags are off and so is the dog, I've had no trouble with this ring so far and neither have others..

So does anyone know where I could get one from? I can't remember where this one was from and neither can anyone else.

Help is greatly appreciated
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I still like the timberwolf leather collars (and leads). They last for ages and ages, the collars come in variable sizes and the leather is soft and comfortable. You can't find them easily in shops anymore but there are one or two on-line sites to get them from.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Thank you - I will try them
Kevin Colwill
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
My advice is go for a handmade collar from a saddler or leather worker. OK it won't be cheap but the price will be very fair for a product that will last forever! You can even have it made to exactly your spec if the "off the peg" ones don't suit.

Plus you'll be supporting British craft workers rather than having something mass produced overseas.

Francis Kelly Master Saddler and Hide and Leather Collars both have good websites but I'm sure there are others.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Hide and Leather are really good they have made me a few good collars from plain every day ones to show sets.

http://www.hideandcollars.co.uk/collar1.htm

If you can't see what you want then give them a call and they will do it for you
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Ancol timberwolf ,,
Have a look at the wainwright buffalo collars too.if the still do them..
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Ancol timberwolf ,,
Have a look at the wainwright buffalo collars too.if the still do them..
Yeah, P@H stock the wainwrights leather collars, not cheap but worth it i reckon
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Hide and Leather are really good they have made me a few good collars from plain every day ones to show sets.

http://www.hideandcollars.co.uk/collar1.htm

If you can't see what you want then give them a call and they will do it for you
I was goign to recommmend them as well! Really good collars.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Thank you - I will have a look, he doesn't really need a new one yet, but I like to know where I can get them from
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
We get our collars from ebay - exmoor lurcher
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >