register for free

Dog News

ANOTHER Atlanta Falcons player charged with animal cruelty

We all know of the atrocities committed by former Falcons player Michael Vick. Here's a new horrible story out of Atlanta:

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/cr...mals/28166511/

This 260 lb man stomped and kicked a 5 lb Yorkie to death. The necropsy revealed these injuries, quoted from the article...

Details of the warrant say the dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising/hemorrhage in muscles in front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries.

The team has already waived the player, and he and his defense are saying he did not mean to kill the dog and the injuries were so severe only because of the size of the dog.

We are the only team that has these kinds of problems. Animal cruelty is rampant here, and rarely is anything truly done about it. So sad, this little dog didn't deserve this.

Your comments and views:
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I remember the Micheal Vick story, it was discussed on Dogsey, made me so mad, and now another player, it's disgusting, can't say anymore or I'll get banned.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2015, 09:51 PM
And this is where I've lived all my life. I've SEEN personally tons of animal cruelty. As much as you see on the news, there's so much more going on behind that. Not a lot is done. This guy will probably get convicted and get some kind of garbage punishment. The ONLY reason Vick served 18 months is because of bank rolling the fighting rings, the dogs weren't even important to the prosecution. So unjust. And now... A YORKIE. This man inflicted all those terrible injuries on a tiny little Yorkie, I can't imagine how the poor dog must have felt.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Can you bring us up to date on Vick he was dropped from his team but after his 18 month sentance I read he was trying to get back into the game with another team. Do you know if he's playing for any team now ? I hope not but given the money in the sport I wouldn't be surprised if he was with another team.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Vick was signed by the Eagles after he was released. He played there several years, but was plagued by injuries and was never truly decent again. The team did not thrive with him as a starter. After a particularly bad game, he was benched for Nick Foles and never started again.

He was traded a year ago to the Jets, where he was only a backup and didn't get any real playing time. He started in one game, and they were destroyed by the other team and he took responsibility for it. The Jets released him over the off-season and he is currently 34 years old and an unsigned free agent. It's doubtful that he will play again, but he finished his career after he was released from the halfway house after completing his term.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2015, 10:15 PM
"It's doubtful that he will play again"

Well that has pleased me, some sort of justice. Thanks for the update.

Have to go now it's past midnight and can't stay awake.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm so sick of reading about these bullies who either can't control their temper, or who actually take pleasure from harming defenceless creatures. Animal cruelty is such a strong indicator of the ability to move on to harming humans. If only because of this, I think these cases deserve to be treated more seriously than they seem to be at present.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2015, 11:08 PM
This is particularly bad to me because the dog is only a Yorkie. Even if he bit the man, or did something else to him... He's harmless and there's no reason to harm him like this. A Yorkie? You're a football player, man.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top