register for free

Dog News

Sarah Palin's son uses dog as "stepping stone"

In case anybody (or everybody) here doesn't know who Sarah Palin is, she ran as the vice of the Republican in the 2008 presidential elections here.

They lost, of course, and IMO it was mostly her fault (she is known for being incredibly dim-witted) but yeah. Anyway, caught track of this and fathomed to put it here as dog news.

Here is the article and photographs.

http://news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-ph...174330799.html

I have never liked her, and thinking something like this is funny and cute (even though my Nigredo would allow the same and not be harmed a bit) just bothers me even more.

Her son is autistic (EDIT: the article says down syndrome, but she has mentioned autism, as well), but IMO, the dog should have been moved, or the boy made to stop.

Your comments and views:
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2015, 07:48 PM
I know of her but nothing about her.
Explaining to children with Autism or Downs would have little effect but I hope she tried.
The dog would surely move out of the way if he didn't like it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2015, 07:58 PM
I could never take seriously someone who names their sons Track Cj and Trig Paxson Van, and daughters Bristol Sheeran Marie, Willow Bianca Faye, and Piper Indi Grace.

But I did like her spectacles!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Some people shouldn't be allowed to own dogs - if that dog turned on her son they would have said it's the dog(/breed's) fault!!
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Instead of photographing the incident she should have intervened and made him aware it is not a nice thing to do.
He will not learn respect for animals otherwise.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Malka, that gave me a giggle. Imo, her kids names reflect the stupidity that most Americans link to her. Those glasses are her staple, we call them "artificial intelligence". She is never seen without them.

The child is disabled (her genes shining through) so telling him was likely useless, but moving him was not. I don't think the dog was hurt or he'd have moved, but it's just not something you should do.

Azz, that dog is a black Labrador. I have NEVER in my life heard of one hurting a child. Hell, here in America, they pretty much never hurt anybody. Both my Labby guys would have allowed this, as well and not moved a muscle.

I firmly believe the child is in no danger, and certainly a bite would not be linked to the breed. This does not mean it's okay, imo she should have made him get down and at least tried to explain.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Well at least the Americans had the good sense not to elect her as President!

As for little boys and Labs ... when my two were a similar age they often used to stay with my parents who had a Lab called Sorrel who adored them both. One evening my mother called them in from the garden, to have their dinner, but the dog didn't follow. She didn't take much notice until later when my father arrived home and asked where the dog was. Naturally, both boys professed to having no idea ... the last time they saw her was in the garden! Half an hour later after searching for her, my father found her patiently waiting inside a wooden crate that the boys had nailed up!
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2015, 03:24 PM
I think its sets a bad example, not all dogs are as tolerant as Labs.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-01-2015, 07:38 AM
With all due respect
I don't know and quite frankly in this instance it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.......
Thankfully, none of my children are afflicted with downs or ADHD or whatever. When I was growing up no-one got special rights even if they were "special" in any way or for any reason. We all got treated the same. We were all taught to respect everything, the pigs, cattle, chickens, turkeys etc we ate and/or ate their products, and the horses cattle chickens cats and dogs etc we played with. Some things you are allowed to do and some things you aren't allowed to do...species significant and/or as a whole. All are part of Creation.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 07:56 AM
It's just that this child has downs and likely would not have understood words. Doesn't mean it's cute or funny. He needs to be made to get down and he needs to learn that standing on dogs is not okay. How it's done is irrelevant. This isn't a Kodak moment, make him get down.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top